GINNU,RealCanadian..as usual, looking for your help

StressTestInUSA

Registered Users (C)
the attorney sent in a copy of the 485 mailed documents ti me..I have gone thru them and they have done a mistake..pls let me know the effect of this..

When I met them in June(when EB2 dates were curren t) I gave a g325a form while working with company B as the latest/current employer,but dint go ahead with the filing that month(thats another story) and changed to a new employer C in July 1st week and filed 485 in Aug. I gave in a latest signed g325a with the new company C as the latest/current employer along with the current employment letter from employer C...BUT the attorney office has submitted with the G325A form which I had signed in June and whited out the date and changed the date to Aug...horrified I sent an email to them and they reply it is not much of a problem....

So the 485 is filed with
1.ex-employer A'(filing 485 thru exemployer) employment offer letter after Permanent Residency
2. latest employment in g325a form showing as employer B.(which should have been employer C)..
3. also submitted a current employment letter working with employer C(this attorney has asked for this letter also)

Please waiting for your response...

Last edited by a moderator:
BUT the attorney office has submitted with the G325A form which I had signed in June and whited out the date and changed the date to Aug...horrified I sent an email to them and they reply it is not much of a problem

Delightful. Sometimes I wonder what drugs these so-called attorneys smoke or inject on the job.

Technically, your attorney's office has committed fraud by altering a document submitted to the US government. I don't think it's going to be a problem, but if it does make sure you tell the truth and nothing but; that you signed and dated the document in June and your attorney's office altered it without your knowledge or consent.

They can then deal with the consequences.

what can I say about these attornies..!!

the next day I called up to see if they have mailed the documents out..the paralegal says...'no... we flushed it in the drain..' how arrogant can they get..! who cares how much work pressure they have, they charged a whole 2.5k for the filing....

I lost my sleep after seeing these documents and this will just haunt me...I just hope the IO does not create an issue about it

the next day I called up to see if they have mailed the documents out..the paralegal says...'no... we flushed it in the drain..' how arrogant can they get..!

Send the senior partner in the firm a letter and complain. Seriously.

Your attorney and his/her employees are the hired help, nothing more. They are expected to act professionally, in return for you giving them a significant amount of money for their expertise. If they get out of place you need to set them back into it.

I lost my sleep after seeing these documents and this will just haunt me...I just hope the IO does not create an issue about it

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Remember always that you have done nothing wrong. Tell the truth. I'm sure USCIS is really delighted about people altering signed documents without consent. :)