Gilbert or Alanpero: Discrepencies in Plastic Card receiving times

JackIsBack

Registered Users (C)
Anyone know if AILF or anyother organization has protested or complained about the discrepency in plastic card ordering times? I can understand and accept that some local offices order plastic cards faster than the others but in my case a guy who had his passport stamped at the same local office a month after me has already received his plastic card and I'm still waiting for mine.
I'm trying to join the USAF reserves and the recruitment office is requesting to see the plastic GC with atleast 2yrs of valid date. I have already inquired at the local office where my AOS approval was stamped and the dumb IIO responded as if it depends on luck, which I refuse to accept because I believe there is a more logical and resonable explaination behind these discrepencies.
Is this another mess up in the BCIS bureaucracy that hasn't caught anyone's attention yet?
The day I went to the local office for stamping I saw a Canadian woman angrily complaining at the IIO because her plastic card has not arrived in the so often promised one year time frame.

Originally posted by JackIsBack
Anyone know if AILF or anyother organization has protested or complained about the discrepency in plastic card ordering times? I can understand and accept that some local offices order plastic cards faster than the others but in my case a guy who had his passport stamped at the same local office a month after me has already received his plastic card and I'm still waiting for mine.
I'm trying to join the USAF reserves and the recruitment office is requesting to see the plastic GC with atleast 2yrs of valid date. I have already inquired at the local office where my AOS approval was stamped and the dumb IIO responded as if it depends on luck, which I refuse to accept because I believe there is a more logical and resonable explaination behind these discrepencies.
Is this another mess up in the BCIS bureaucracy that hasn't caught anyone's attention yet?
The day I went to the local office for stamping I saw a Canadian woman angrily complaining at the IIO because her plastic card has not arrived in the so often promised one year time frame.

No clue on what is the deciding factor to receive the GC sooner or later. Bottom line is that the resident status is not determined by having the physical GC, and the USAF guys have no right to ask for the plastic card, that is ridiculous. On the other hand, you cant argue with them specially when you are applying for a position but they should be able to at least understand the problem.