• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Ghana Police Certificate - My Experience

gooma

Registered Users (C)
Hi comrades from Ghana,

I will like to share an experience regarding applying for Ghanaian police certificate. We did the finger prints in London and sent to a brother in Accra to do the police cert for us. We were surprise to hear from the Police head quarters that the finger prints are not necessary afterall. According to my brother the finger prints were not needed. This corroborates with the information in the Ghana Police website about the requirements. However, the website for the US consolates says a different thing. Has anyone has this experience? abeku66 are you there?

Hi comrades from Ghana,

I will like to share an experience regarding applying for Ghanaian police certificate. We did the finger prints in London and sent to a brother in Accra to do the police cert for us. We were surprise to hear from the Police head quarters that the finger prints are not necessary afterall. According to my brother the finger prints were not needed. This corroborates with the information in the Ghana Police website about the requirements. However, the website for the US consolates says a different thing. Has anyone has this experience? abeku66 are you there?

Hi Gooma,

I am also in the Uk but planning to do my consular processing in Accra with my wife. I have applied and got a ghanaian police certificate for a different purpose. All i did was to sent $120 us dollars to my wife with 3 recent passport photographs of myself and it was done within a week. Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply.

But a Nigeria has posted that he had problems without the using the fingerprints

Hi comrades from Ghana,

This is my experience:

When i got to the police headquarters, i was asked to fill a form and i had to wait for almost two hours to do the finger prints since the one in charge was on lunch break. If the finger prints were not necessary i think i would not be asked to wait for such a long time to do the finger print.
You case could be different but the finger print is as important as the passport picture. This is because, when i submitted my own passport picture they refused them so i had to pay since they have someone who takes the picture.

THE FAVOR OF GOD IS UPON EVERY WINNER AND AS SUCH YOU WILL NEVER BE DENIED

This is my experience:

When i got to the police headquarters, i was asked to fill a form and i had to wait for almost two hours to do the finger prints since the one in charge was on lunch break. If the finger prints were not necessary i think i would not be asked to wait for such a long time to do the finger print.
You case could be different but the finger print is as important as the passport picture. This is because, when i submitted my own passport picture they refused them so i had to pay since they have someone who takes the picture.

THE FAVOR OF GOD IS UPON EVERY WINNER AND AS SUCH YOU WILL NEVER BE DENIED

Thanks faithfulness for sharing youe experience. A follow-up of the issue through a phone called to the head quarters confirms what you said. However, I was told that the reality is that they do not have the equipment to do the fingerprint checking on their database. What made me to contact them was what was written on the certificate "NORMINAL VETTING" which seemed to me that it is only name and picture check. I was told that that is what is written on every police certificate.
Faithful could you please share with us what was written in your certificate - norminal vetting or norminal and fingerprint vetting?

Hi comrades from Ghana,

If you obtain the Police Certificate from Ghana without a finger print you'll possibly be digging your own grave.As far as i'm aware,you definitely need to have a finger print of some sort done.The options are

a.get it done through scotland yard and send it to Ghana for someone to obtain the certfificate on your behalf or

b.If you choose to go to Ghana in person, then the fingerprint will be done there at the police HQ.

My wife chose the second option because she was on vacation in Ghana in the last month but i had to obtain a fingerprint from scotland yard .

Ghana Police Certificate

:rolleyes:Please i left Ghana to Italy here since 2005 and from that time i havent been to Ghana again. i applied for a Ghana police cert which was issued to me on the 7th july 2007. is it still valid or expired since my interview is just this 16 september 2008 though i havent been to Ghana since the year 2005. Please tell me sth....