• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Getting prepared for interview, few important & common confusions!

slimsmile

Registered Users (C)
I just could not get a final and clear answer for my questions in one place until now, please answer my questions. :confused:

(Please answer only the question, where you are very clear and sure about the answer) :mad:

1. As one of the options for diversity visa winners is to show the financial funds in their account to prove that they will not become public charge. These funds must be only in my account or even a part will be accepted in my wife’s account as she is also going to move to united stated together with me?

2. Are personal assets like property, car or shares also considered as financial support? If yes, what official certificates we have to provide to evaluate the worth?

3. In case of sponsorship or a job offer, which forms or documents are required?

4. Will German version of the documents accepted or I have to translate all the documents in English?

5. I have an education which is not really common in my home country. I got already an evaluation report from ECE, USA which says that ''My Name'' has the United States equivalent of: High school diploma from a vocational high school program. So will the embassy accept such reports? If not, which certificates are required to evaluate the education level and from where?

6. Do my birth and police clearance certificate hast to be attested from my homeland country’s embassy in the country I am staying in, even if they are already attested from foreign ministry in my country? Do these both documents hast to be not older than 6 months?

7. I have a police clearance certificate from Russia, does it has to be attested from Russian embassy in the country I live now?

All the answers are highly appreciated. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
3. In case of sponsorship or a job offer, which forms or documents are required?
For sponsorship you need form i134 and the sponsor has to show their last tax return. For a job offer you need a written letter on company headed paper stating the job title, salary and hours.

slimsmile can u please tell me where to get the russian police certificate?
please name of metro station and what its called in russian?
how much u need to pay to get it.

1. If your wife goes to the interview with you, funds that she might have on her account(s) will count.
2. I know that in Germany they don't accept ownership of car(s). I don't know which documents you need for other property.
4. That depends on where you go to your interview. In Switzerland and Germany (and I assume also in Austria) they accept German documents.