1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Getting an USCIS customer service representative on phone

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by Proxyon, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Proxyon

Proxyon Registered Users (C)

Guys,

do you know how can I reach the USCIS customer service representative ? It is so weird, their automated line gives me hundreds of options, but it NEVER gives me an option to dial a number to speak with a representative. The number is 1-800-375-5283. Has somebody recently passed the nightmare tunnel of their customer representative help ?

Thanks.
  2. Grashoppr

Grashoppr Registered Users (C)

Yes, if you navigate through all the "press 1 for this" menus, you will get a real human eventually. You might not get any real answers though.

I called after I received my biometrics letter, to find out if I could do early biometrics in my local support center (Atlanta). I'd read conflicting information online, so I called to find out.

The lady was very nice, but read scripted answers, and I never really got an answer to my question.

In the end, I was in the vicinity of the support center a week and a half ago, I knew I'd be in the area, so I brought my paperwork and was able to walk in and get my biometrics done in about 15 minutes.

Oddly enough, a few days later, I received a call as a follow up to my inquiry with the department, sort of a customer service survey - and they asked me how I rated the help I received on a bunch of different factors. I let them know I was frustrated by the endless menus, but was satisfied with the person I spoke with insofar as her customer service skills but was unsatisfied that I did not get the information I was seeking.

Grashoppr