Get married in US and change status B1 to H4

vrs222

Hello,

I am on a H1B Visa and due to my busy schedule I cannot leave USA on vacation. My fiancee is a CPA and she holds a B1 Visa multi entry. I met her just last month when she came to USA and we decided to marry. Although she got a 6 months visa, she left within 3 weeks as she had come for a visit for 3 weeks only. Now, my question to the forum is:

1. Can she come to USA again on B1? considering that she just came 4-5 weeks ago
2. At the port of entry what would be the ideal answer for her comming to USA?
3. Whether she can include my name as the sponsor for her trip just in case if she is questioned about that?
4. What would be ideal time to wait before we get married?
5. If we wait for a long time and then get married and apply for a change of status then she would be required to leave the country after I94 expires?
6. If she leaves the country after I94 expires whether she can come back again if the approval for H4 has not been received?

Your response in this regard is highly appreciated

A1: Yes, she can request an entry to the US using her B-1 visa. It is up to the POE officer to grant it.
A2: "To join my husband"
A3: What sponsor? B-1 visas do not need sponsors.
A4: When you get married is your personal preference.
A5: One can stay past their I-94 expiry if COS has been applied for
A6: See A1

1. Can she come to USA again on B1? considering that she just came 4-5 weeks ago
2. At the port of entry what would be the ideal answer for her comming to USA?
3. Whether she can include my name as the sponsor for her trip just in case if she is questioned about that?
4. What would be ideal time to wait before we get married?
5. If we wait for a long time and then get married and apply for a change of status then she would be required to leave the country after I94 expires?
6. If she leaves the country after I94 expires whether she can come back again if the approval for H4 has not been received?

@Triple Citizen: Thanks for the answers, I really appreciate. Reg A3 let me clarify. Whenever my relatives entered US on B1/B2 in the past, the Immigration Officer would ask where are they staying, who is sponsoring the stay, whether they have a return ticker or not, whether are you working at your home country or not, whether you have sufficient funds? It's only to determine you have sufficient funds and you are certain to go back after your I 94 expires and dont overstay. So my question was whether she can say that I will sponsor her stay in US? Or would be advisable to say her relatives in US are sponsoring her stay?

Reg A2, is it advisable to say "To join my husband", will this not trigger the question the intention is to change the status?

Lastly, I wanted to know whether she needs to have a return ticket, will that help?

She should travel on a return ticket and regardless of the potential to be asked more questions, if she is coming to stay/visit her husband, that is what all her answers should be.

So my question was whether she can say that I will sponsor her stay in US? Or would be advisable to say her relatives in US are sponsoring her stay?

Reg A2, is it advisable to say "To join my husband", will this not trigger the question the intention is to change the status?

Lastly, I wanted to know whether she needs to have a return ticket, will that help?