1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to a discussion by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna in the November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

GC thru marriage with USC

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by onlyscotch, Jun 5, 2008.

1. onlyscotch

onlyscotch New Member

Greetings:

I had a few a couple of questions to which I sought an answer to.

1. My fiance has been off of work for the pst 2 years after we had our baby. Does she still need to file an 864 even though I am employed full time and will be taking care of the family?
    2. I need a complete list of forms that need to be filed. is there website someone could refer me to.
    3. If my residence is in NC, where is my NVC.

2. PraetorianXI

PraetorianXI Banned

3. onlyscotch

onlyscotch New Member

Clarification

I am already in the US on a H1B. Does that make any difference for the I-864? If not, does this mean that she has got to go back to work?

4. PraetorianXI

PraetorianXI Banned

She does not need to go back to work but she is still your "sponsor". Even with $0 income. In this case it may not be needed to get a co-sponsor if your income is sufficient. But yes, she still has to fill out one.

5. lintas1

lintas1 Registered Users (C)

I have the same case....Wife is not working and I am working full time....So while we filed form 864, we showed my income as main source, even though she is the sponser