GC stamped through interview - Houston

nhusain

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I got my passport stamped today through interview process. Pretty straight forward thing. As you may already know what to take but here is a quick list

1- Employment letter
2- Tax transcripts from IRS for the last 3 years
3- Couple of pay stubs
4- Current Medical if the original one is more than a year old AND you had something in Cat/Class A/B diseases section
5- Social security card/Driving License/Birth Certificate
6- Current EAD/AP

My case details

RD May 2001, ND Jul 2001, Transfer to local office Apr 2004, Stamped today
EB3 AC21

Good luck to you all... and thanks for this wonderful forum!

nhusain,

Congratulations! You surely derserve it after 3.5 years of waiting! Thanks a lot for sharing the experience. Good luck for your life!

nhusain said:
Folks,

4- Current Medical if the original one is more than a year old AND you had something in Cat/Class A/B diseases section

Congratulations!

Could you please clarify this:

Do you need a new medical only if you had something in the Cat/Class A/B diseases or is it a must if the original is over a year old?

How do you know if you had something in Cat/Class A/B diseases?

My interview notice mentions to bring a medical only if one was not submitted originally with the 485 application.

dgandhari, soyiyte, freedomtome and waitinginq thanks!

To answer your questions... I think there are 2 officers assigned to EB green cards, typically the lawyers in the area very well know them. I can tell you that experience with this office is much better than what I thought. People seem to have the customer service attitude in mind there and the one I got was very nice (I don't know/remember her number).

As far as medical thing goes, I would recommend just to bite the bullet and have them redo the top part (i.e.) no immunizations, but everything else. The doctor who will do your medical SHOULD tell you what is he/she going to put in the medical form and then he/she will give you that in a SEALED envelope. It would've been really helpful if that immigration would tell you if you need one or not. Medicals don't expire if they don't have cat/class A/B diseases. Therefore only I have to redo my medical and wife's was fine. I would suggest you to ask for a copy of your medicals from your doctor that you used originally that way you will know what's on that form.

Good luck folks!

Nhusain Thanks for replying,

On my interview notes they mentioned officer number 5 would conduct my interview, do you remember any thing like that.

And about medicals you are correct, yesterday I went to the same physician who did mien before, they are not going to give the vaccination that we already taken, in my case she said I missed one of the vaccination, since they are out of stock in early 2002, so I have to take that vaccination and I have to redo the physical and TB test.