GC processing independently

Pinky Patel

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have heard from some people that it is possible to sponsor your
own green card. Is this possible. Or else, is there any way some
company can sponsor green card as a potential future employee, of
course I am willing to bear all expenses.

Thanks.

I\'m looking for this sponsor as well

Found some clues on ilw.com, but it mostly hightech jobs.
I think in crowded places you can find agencies what connect employees and immigrants.

Sponsoring your own GC

Yes, it is possible but you would need to qualify as a person of "extraordinary ability". That means one of the best in your field in the world.

All GC\'s are for a future job but you need an employer to state that a permanent position is immediately available. INS can question your and the company\'s intent if they do not believe that you intend to go to work for the employer and/or that the employer intends to hire you for the position upon approval.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
732-644-5702
jdmills@justice.com

Approved LC; company change; can you still use the same LC (job description unchanged)?

I have USDOL approved LC for my ongoing GC application; if I change my company midway now - can I still use this approved LC (assuming my job description remains unchanged)?

Using this LC, can I apply for I-140 showing my job w/the new company?

Thanks!

Laid-off while Labor Certification in progress for Permanent Residence

I was laid off recently after my Labor Cert was already sent to the Federal Labor Department waiting to be processed.
Luckily, within a week, I managed to secure employment with another employer in a different state, but with similar job description (I will make a change of employer H1B transfer).

My question is: Will my existing Labor Cert application still be valid? If so, when the Labor Department decide to approve my application, can I continue to I-140 with my new employer (they agree to sponsor).

OR...Do I have to start all over? :(

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated

LC, I140

Hi

MY H1B visa is expiration on December 2002. My present employer promising me that they are going
to provide me approved LC and approved I140, which they filed for, laid of employee. So I can file direct 485. Of course I have to pay a lot for this privileges.

Can it be possible? Is their any problem to used previous employee paper work? (of course my heart denied to do that..though I have approved LC and approved I140 from previous employer whcich not usfull for me :) )

LC - yes, I-140 - No

You can\'t use an approved I-140, but you can use the LC under certain circumstances. I\'d recommend having your own attorney look over the LC closely since it doesn\'t sound as if the company is being entirely up-front with you.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

going back to previous employer

Hi Folks,

I left my previous job after my aubmission for Labor Cert there. Recently, I am notified that Labor Cert. was approved. Can I keep that Labor Cert to the next step I-140 if I go back join that company again?

Thank you very much!

Which direction should I go?

Hi,

I am working in NY on H1B status. My company filed RIR for my LC last Oct. As far as I know, Regional DOL just deny any RIR case now. I still have around 4 yrs and 3 ms on my H1. Given the curreny slow processing for GC, I kind of think about some other alternatives. Would you please give me some advice?

1) Find another attorney myself and try to see if I can qualify for EB1 (I hold a M.S. degree and have couple of paper published in recognized journal).

2) Let my wife file (she is also on H1B) a regular LC as EB2 category.

3) Do nothing and wait my RIR rejected. Then file again with more Ads.

Thanks a lot in advance

Regional DOL\'s are denying RIR cases ?????

Hi,
My papers were submitted to NJ State in July\'01 in EB2/RIR and I\'ve been watching their progress. But unfortunalety they have slowed down considerably in the past few months. For example in Feb\'02 they moved their processing date from 4/25 to 4/26, that\'s just one day\'s case work done in a month.
What do you mean by "Regional DOL\'s are denying RIR cases?" Please explain.

No Title

RIR means "Reduction in Recruitment". This is specially designed for high tech jobs because from 1998-2001 it\'s very hard to find enough skilled high tech people. So this is based on large demanding of high tech people. With the economic came down, there were a lot of lay off going on and many people (including US citizen and green card holders) are on the job market. According to US law, they should be considered first under the condition compared with H1B holders. So now DOL doesn\'t think RIR is still applicable to current job market. And they almost reject all RIR petitions. You will have to go through case by case LC, which will take very very long time to get it. I haven\'t seen any RIR cases approved in my company since 10/17/2002.

I agree with you Joe

Companys with insufficient recruitment, companys with layoffs of US workers, and companys that are refusing qualified US workers are having problems, but as long as the recruitment campaign was adequate and no qualified US workers applied, an RIR remains possible.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Yes

EB11 and EB21. Alien of extraordinary ability and national interest waiver.
I did it myself. Good luck.

RIR not being accepted anymore?

My attorney told me today that I cannot start my labor through RIR as DOL, NJ has stopped taking such applications. Is this true?

Anybody has had similar experience. Looking at some posts here make feel that its more compnay specific.

/S

Can I File 485 If my Previous Employer is willing to file it...

Actually I was employed with my first company and they started processing my green card. I applied for I140 and had to join the client due to market conditions and this was acceptable to my first company. Now I140 has been approved and my first company is willing to file my I485. Now I hold the client\'s H1 and I will attest copies of my H1 in the I485 application also. My H1 with the old company is still valid.I am willing to join back my first company after my GC has been approved. Can I apply for my I485 without any hesitation and do any of you foresee any issues. Your feedback is really appreciated since Iam confused. Thanks.

Issues

You said you "had to join the client due to market conditions", clearly that raises questions regarding the compan\'ts ability to pay the offered wage and the immediate availability of a permanent position.

I\'m not saying it can\'t be done, but you asked if I foresaw any issues.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/

Issues..

Thanks Jim for your reply.Let me put it this way,Can I file 485 or do CP from my previous employer if he is willing to file without mentioning about market condition etc?Do I need to give pay stubs from my new company or not?

Thanks,
Inderpal

green card questions

My company applied for my LC last april, but with the way things are going now, (i\'m currently on the bench and my company has laid off enough consultants as it is ), i\'m thinking of looking for another job, but this will mean starting my LC all over again. is it possible to get another H1 and retain my current H1 so that i won\'t have to cancel my Green card processing through my present company ?