GC Price

moroni

Registered Users (C)
I was thinking of the facts to get a GC through this "broken", "messy" and unfair system.
Here are some points:
1.- Pay 720 dolares to renew 4 EAD (Some guys have already renew it for 5 years!!) IF you're married add 720 for your wife. Lucky are those if the company is paying for the expenses. (Not my case!!)
2.- Do not forget, Photographs (That's cheap 7-15 dollars!)
3.- Mailing Expenses. Every mail to TSC must be return receipted. That could be 5-7 dollars.
4.- AP for those who travel (200 dollars)
5.- Taking time off for FingerPrinting (May sure you got sick or personal time available)
6.- Countless hours for following up with TSC reps to verify Name Check, PD, etc
8.- Parking tickets for InfoPass apps. (5 - 10 dollars)
9.- I almost forgot, you got to cultivate the "Patient" to wait, wait and wait.
10.- Dealing with the attorneys.
11.- Wait between 3- 5 years. (There were lucky EB3s who gets the GC in less than two. )

Frustation, anger and dissapointment through this process are priceless.

The list is huge. In conclusion, a GC price is around 10 - 15 thousand dollars.
And that's a lot of money !!

Well, for those who want to settle here (like me, with 3 grown children ) I think, there is no other way, but to continue WAIT, WAIT and WAIT !! Until some day, the long awaited GC is found in the mail.

Good observation.
I am been discussing this issue with my wife. Is it really worth it? But she does not want to go back in near future. So I am stuck here.

EB3 PD May 21, 2001
I-485 RD June 2002
FP3 Jan 2006
EAD4 Jan 2006
AP2 Jan 2006

Please add those thousands of dollors we lose by staying with GC sponsoring companies (a holy matrimony :) :) with one side dictating the terms)
EB3
PD Sep 2002

Last edited by a moderator: