GC Interview coming up

copper1

Registered Users (C)
Everyone in my family but my youngest brother got approved last year. He is scheduled for an interview at the local office on 29th of this month. He has a mental disability which is probably why they want to see him in person.
My lawyer and I got a standard letter from local office that everyone gets for an interview about 2 months ago. I have gathered everything possible. Last week my ass hole lawyer told us that he will need psychaitric evaluation and he did not realize it needed to be done and furthermore local office may not approve him, rather send his case to Washington. Now we dont have time for psyciatric evaluation.

Is it true that someone with a mental disabability who is not a threat to society has to get psychaitric evaluation? Because we did not get any other request from USCIS. ALso woudl it be difficult for his to get approved?
I have yet to speak with the lawyer regarding this matter....

copper1 said:
Everyone in my family but my youngest brother got approved last year. He is scheduled for an interview at the local office on 29th of this month. He has a mental disability which is probably why they want to see him in person.
My lawyer and I got a standard letter from local office that everyone gets for an interview about 2 months ago. I have gathered everything possible. Last week my ass hole lawyer told us that he will need psychaitric evaluation and he did not realize it needed to be done and furthermore local office may not approve him, rather send his case to Washington. Now we dont have time for psyciatric evaluation.

Is it true that someone with a mental disabability who is not a threat to society has to get psychaitric evaluation? Because we did not get any other request from USCIS. ALso woudl it be difficult for his to get approved?
I have yet to speak with the lawyer regarding this matter....
he should be fine if he is derivative . u have to find a doctor as soos as possible to get evaluation . i guess he will be approved on humanitarian bases.

SINNERSROOM said:
he should be fine if he is derivative . u have to find a doctor as soos as possible to get evaluation . i guess he will be approved on humanitarian bases.

Thank you very much brother. His eveluation has been done before as he get work related services from county. Every sice he was in school he has been getting help from county and state with such needs and we have had evaluation done in the past. I think my lawyer is not being honest. I'll get a hold of him and see whats up.

thanks