GC holder inviting wife and kids on Visitor Visa

asrivang

Registered Users (C)
I would really appreciate if you could suggest.

History:
My wife and kids lived in US for about 5 years (1998 to 2002) on dependent H4 visator visa and went back to our home country for good. I continued to live in USA and applied for GC for self. Later their Visitor Visas were rejected in Jan 2004. The interviwer verbally told my wife that they can't issue a Visa as I (husband) have not yet become a permanent resident at that time.

Present position:
I have become a permanet resident in May 2004. Now I plan to invite them on Visitor Visa once again in May 2006. My family has no plans to settle in USA. They would spend 3 months and go back. My son is in 9th grade and my daughter is in 4th grade. My wife has now more movable and immovable properties to the tune of more than US $ 125,000 on her name.

Please suggest whether they have any chance of getting a Visitor Visa this time.

If you are still married , she can get the B2 visa for the reason of family reunion, but if she is no longer your wife it can be difficult again to get the visa.

Thanks for the suggestion. She is still my wife. I do visit them every six months. I would like my wife and kids to come over here. I plan to show them the places they have not seen earlier in US, before I go back for good. Any way, looks like the chances are not bright.

I would not call ur situation hopeless.

I think you have an excellent chance for making the case for ties to India. you did not apply for your wife/kids' GC even though you can still do it, you are choosing a temporary visa.

For those who will get on my case... his marriage and kids happened before he got GC so he can still apply as Follow to join.

YOu have been in USA for several years now while your family was back home and still continues to be there. I would not give up. But will write a strong cover letter with these details/arguments and make a case at the consulate.

waitin_toolong said:
I would not call ur situation hopeless.

I think you have an excellent chance for making the case for ties to India. you did not apply for your wife/kids' GC even though you can still do it, you are choosing a temporary visa.

For those who will get on my case... his marriage and kids happened before he got GC so he can still apply as Follow to join.

YOu have been in USA for several years now while your family was back home and still continues to be there. I would not give up. But will write a strong cover letter with these details/arguments and make a case at the consulate.
They willn't get the tourist visa. They can come on GC using FTJ. After coming here they can go back and stay there upto 2 years using Reentry permit or back before 1 year (364 days).