GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Hi,
I AM ALSO FILING FOR MY MOTHER IN JAN.
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH FILLING THE FORMS?
There are G 325, A B C. Which one should i pick? what is the difference?
Please help

After several weeks of waiting, I am happy to report that I received the finger printing notice for my mother's 485/765 application. Date is Jan 24th and it is in Oakland, CA. I still cannot check the cases online but I feel relieved that the case did not fall through a crack in the USCIS system. I plan to do biometrics on the scheduled date and not do any walk-in.

Application package sent 11-09-2010 by Priority Mail
Package received by USCIS 11-12-2010.
Email & SMS Acknowledgement received 11-17-2010
Check cashed 11-18-2010
NOAs dated 11-17-2010 received 11-22-2010
Biometric Notice dated 12/27/2010 received 12/30/2010

My Mom's I-130 just got approved. Got text and email!!!! Exactly 2 months!

Wow did you file only I 130 or CP, because my moms priority date is agu 27th and i havent heard anything yet. It is CP thru chennai. Could you please let me know. Thanks

hi

Wow did you file only I 130 or CP, because my moms priority date is agu 27th and i havent heard anything yet. It is CP thru chennai. Could you please let me know. Thanks

Hi,
He is one lucky guy, I filed for my dad for CP on the same exact day as he filed for his mom and My priority date is the same as his mothers. I guess it all depends on the IO who handles the case. Lets wait and seeeeeeeeee:eek:

I just filed form I-130. With a copy of my Birth Certificate in native language and a true translation, copy of my Marriage Certificate, copy of Naturalization Cert., and copy of my Passport page. CP through Islamabad, Pakistan.

You are at five months so you should be hearing the good news any day this month!

I just filed form I-130. With a copy of my Birth Certificate in native language and a true translation, copy of my Marriage Certificate, copy of Naturalization Cert., and copy of my Passport page. CP through Islamabad, Pakistan.

You are at five months so you should be hearing the good news any day this month!

Hi,
Why did you send your marriage certificate, I thought you were supposed to send your moms marriage certificate, your naturalization certificate, your birth cetificate,and your moms birth certificate, Am i missing some thing ? Pls let me know

petitioning parents

hi i plan to petition my mom and dad.can anyone help me here what to do.and what documents i need to send together the I-130 form?
thank you:)

Hi,
Why did you send your marriage certificate, I thought you were supposed to send your moms marriage certificate, your naturalization certificate, your birth cetificate,and your moms birth certificate, Am i missing some thing ? Pls let me know

Because I changed my last name after I got married, I needed to send a copy of my marriage certificate to prove I am the same person. If my mother's name was different from the birth certifcate, then I would have had to send a copy of her marriage certificate as well. But she's a widow and hasn't remarried so I didn't need to send her marriage cert.

Since you applied for your father, you would have been required to send the following:

1) Form I-130
2) A copy of your birth certificate showing your name and the names of both your parents
3) If your name or your father’s name is different from the name on your birth certificate, you must provide evidence of the legal name change.
4) If you were not born in the United States, a copy of either
- your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or
- your U.S. passport
5) A copy of your parents’ civil marriage certificate
6) A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees that would show that any previous marriage entered into by your mother or father was ended legally

It's a lot easier to prove a mother-child relationship than a father-child relationship, that's why less evidence is required for I-130 for mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i plan to petition my mom and dad.can anyone help me here what to do.and what documents i need to send together the I-130 form?
thank you:)

If you read the instrctions for form I-130, it explains all the requirements in detail.
Here's the link:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

There are also many forums and resources online that are very informative. Feel free to ask any questions after you read the instructions. Good luck!

Read the USCIS information on family based immigration. Links to the required forms are provided.

If you cannot understand the directions there, seek the assistance of an attorney. If you need only a little clarification on specific questions, post back.

Hello All,
I’m ready to file I-130 for my parents. My birth certificate doesn’t have my name and my mother’s name on it. It has my DOB, place and my father name on it. I submitted the same birth certificate when I applied GC 8 years ago along with notarized affidavit from my both parents certifying my birth.

Can I resubmit same affidavits along with their I-130 petition to prove child-parent relationship? I still have originals with me.

Pls. let me know if you were in similar situation? and what did you do?

Thanks a lot!

Hello All,

I'm planning on applying I-130 and I-485 simultaneously for my parents. They have only two more months left on their visitor visa.

Can they stay until their GC gets approved or they stay only if I-130 is approved before their visa gets expired ?
Or can I file for their Vvisa extension if I don't get I-130 approved by that time ?

Please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Hello All,

I'm planning on applying I-130 and I-485 simultaneously for my parents. They have only two more months left on their visitor visa.

Can they stay until their GC gets approved or they stay only if I-130 is approved before their visa gets expired ?
Or can I file for their Vvisa extension if I don't get I-130 approved by that time ?

Please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Do they need to go back and wrap things up to make the permanent move to the U.S. or did they do all that before coming here on the tourist visas?

They are fine and don't need to back anytime soon. May be after 6 months from now.

Are you asking if they have to visit India any soon ? I thought that can be take care of using AP.

Have interview for Parents at 7:20 AM on 13th Jan in Phoenix... Will send an update after the interview...

Had interview today at 7:20AM in Phoenix, AZ.

It was at the 3110 N Central Ave office. The office is difficult to locate as it is in the shopping center, on the south side, and towards the very west end of the shopping center. It is small door that says USCIS office.
Security was a bit weird as they did not activate the elevator until 7:20 AM.
There were atleast 10 people waiting to get to the elevator.

My mom appt time was 7:20 and my dad's appt time was 8:00.

Mom and Dad were called together in at 8:00 AM.
We presented our Ids – passports. She asked me for my state ID – Driver License.
The officer made us go through oath about saying the truth and the complete truth.
She questioned me on my name, DOB, address, SSN, Phone etc from I-130. Nothing complicated.
We gave the police clearance letters that they had requested us to bring.(The FBI was not able to clear the finger prints)

My Dad was asked his name, address, Phone, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, How many children. Name of children, Name of wife etc. He was then asked abt 10 questions from 485 form – for all of them the answer was NO. (Have you been arrestd, communist party, terrorist, illegal etc.)

He was then made to sign a letter that they did not have any arrest records etc(only become the finger prints did not clear.) I had to sign the same as a witness.

Then officer went through similar questioning with my Mom. At the end, she cancelled there Visas on the passport by marking a redline on them. She said that she was approving them and printed letters to give to us. She said we would get a formal letter in the mail and also the Green card in 3-4 months. If we needed to travel before that, then we have to get an INFOPASS appt and get the I-551 stamped on our passport.

We were done by 8:30 AM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats man,

Had interview today at 7:20AM in Phoenix, AZ.

It was at the 3110 N Central Ave office. The office is difficult to locate as it is in the shopping center, on the south side, and towards the very west end of the shopping center. It is small door that says USCIS office.
Security was a bit weird as they did not activate the elevator until 7:20 AM.
There were atleast 10 people waiting to get to the elevator.

My mom appt time was 7:20 and my dad's appt time was 8:00.

Mom and Dad were called together in at 8:00 AM.
We presented our Ids – passports. She asked me for my state ID – Driver License.
The officer made us go through oath about saying the truth and the complete truth.
She questioned me on my name, DOB, address, SSN, Phone etc from I-130. Nothing complicated.
We gave the police clearance letters that they had requested us to bring.(The FBI was not able to clear the finger prints)

My Dad was asked his name, address, Phone, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, How many children. Name of children, Name of wife etc. He was then asked abt 10 questions from 485 form – for all of them the answer was NO. (Have you been arrestd, communist party, terrorist, illegal etc.)

He was then made to sign a letter that they did not have any arrest records etc(only become the finger prints did not clear.) I had to sign the same as a witness.

Then Mom went through similar questioning with my Mom. At the end, she cancelled there Visas on the passport by marking a redline on them. She said that she was approving them and printed letters to give to us. She said we would get a formal letter in the mail and also the Green card in 3-4 months. If we needed to travel before that, then we have to get an INFOPASS appt and get the I-551 stamped on our passport.

We were done by 8:30 AM.

Congrats!

I do have a question regarding Police Clearance certificates. Who/What/Where are the PCCs issued from in a city in the US?

Thanks,

SW