GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Hydmom,

you mean I-130 is approved on 8/29/07 right. If so what are the next steps in this process. My mom's I-130 was filed in Texas service center but transferred to CSC. In the receipt I cannot find PD. Where can I find this?

Thanks for your help
RD 07/18/07
ND 07/31/07

Any Forms to be notarized

Does any of the forms like I-864 etc need to be notarized. I do not see any where in any of these forms asking for a notary signature, but I could be wrong. Pls reply.

thanks
Subbu

Hi all,
I filed Immigrant visa for my mother thru CP in Chennai
Please help me out. For the Police clearance certificate from India Does the Passport office issue a document or is it stamped in the passport. For the PCC from Local office, does my mom have to get from Local police station or from Hyderabad Commissioner Office? I am totally confused, Please reply

Thanks a lot
HydMom

My parents got PCC from Mumbai passport office and police station. I do not know rightnow whether it was a document or stamp in passport, most likely a document. It is a standard procedure and many people request it from passport office so the passport office would know.

Local police station may not give PCC and send you to commissioner's office. That should be fine, so long as it is from Hyderabad and they give particulars (I guess address etc.) of the applicant on the PCC. Again, a standard procedure and many people do it.

Have you tried to get PCC from passport office or police station? There are even agents who will do it for you for a fee.

Pcc

Thanks Visa Applicant for the reply,
I need to go thru a travel agent as my mother is unable to go thru the PCC process as she is a cancer patient.I enquired about PCC at passport office in Hyd and they said they will stamp it in Passport.
If you can help me with these Q's it would be of great help.
1. If she had lived in different addresses in HYD ,do I have to write HYDERABAD in Q#20 in Form DS 230irresective of different localities (For eg,X Nagar or ABC nagar)?
2.As she is a Cancer patient can Consulate deny her immigration visa(Hopefully not).

Cheers

I-130 for parents

Hi,
I have submitted the I-130 for my parents on OCT-5TH-07
No NOA letter yet.
Anybody in the same boat?
Thank you
Roseram

Hi,
I have submitted the I-130 for my parents on OCT-5TH-07
No NOA letter yet.
Anybody in the same boat?
Thank you
Roseram
I sent 130/485, etc for my parents to Chicago around 10/20. I got the receipt notices in one week. A few days later I received FP letters and FP would be taken on 11/20.

I-130 for parents

Hi Roy2001
Congratulations and thank you for your reply.
I have submitted my parents I-130 at VSC,that is why the delay.
I think you did the AOS.
Thank you again
Roseram

I-130 for parents CP

File: 06/19/07
checks cashed: 06/29/07
Receipt Notice: 07/08/07
I-130 Approved: 11/13/07

Thanks Visa Applicant for the reply,
I need to go thru a travel agent as my mother is unable to go thru the PCC process as she is a cancer patient.I enquired about PCC at passport office in Hyd and they said they will stamp it in Passport.
If you can help me with these Q's it would be of great help.
1. If she had lived in different addresses in HYD ,do I have to write HYDERABAD in Q#20 in Form DS 230irresective of different localities (For eg,X Nagar or ABC nagar)?
2.As she is a Cancer patient can Consulate deny her immigration visa(Hopefully not).

Cheers

I checked with my parents. In Mumbai, PCC from Passport office is a separate document. However, it may be different in Hyderabad.

1. Per the instructions, you will list all the addresses where she lived for at least 6 months. We included all the addresses in our application.
2. Sorry to hear that. I hope she feels better. I would not think they can deny visa. There have been posts here about applicants with medical conditions. You may want to check.

Last edited by a moderator:
need your advice

Hi there:
i have a question,need your advice please.I have a brother who is an american citizen and applied for our parents through IR-5 visa(immigrant visa for parents of a permanent resident).they have an interview next month.but there is a problem.we have a 16 years old sister living with my parents,but in NVC letter there is nothing about her and they did not include her in our parent's file for interview.what is going on?.do they give her US visa with our parents or not?should she go for interview then?:confused:
i am here to listen your advice and comments.thank u all

Where does it ask for Birth Certificate of parent when applying for GC?

I am a US citizen and am planning to apply for GC for my mother. I couldn't find where does it ask for Birth Certificate/Non avail Certf. in either I-130 or I-485. Is Birth Certificate a must or nice to have document when submitting an application?

Also, any exp. with using YourManInIndia.com services to get NonAvailability of Birth Certf. from Delhi?

Thanks,
rkbk

I-130 instructions (a separate pdf document that u can find in uscis site) has listed supported documentations for various types (mother, father, spouse etc). For ur case the instructions would say that the bc/affidavits of birth with nabc is needed to show that the person you are sponsoring is the petitioner's mother.

In "I-485 instructions" it says that bc/affidavits of birth with nabc needed for the applicant (in ur case ur mother).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there:
i have a question,need your advice please.I have a brother who is an american citizen and applied for our parents through IR-5 visa(immigrant visa for parents of a permanent resident).they have an interview next month.but there is a problem.we have a 16 years old sister living with my parents,but in NVC letter there is nothing about her and they did not include her in our parent's file for interview.what is going on?.do they give her US visa with our parents or not?should she go for interview then?:confused:
i am here to listen your advice and comments.thank u all

Your sister will have to go through her preference category, sibling of a US citizen, separately and the process will move forward for her when a visa available in that category. Your brother will need to file a separate I130 for her. OR when your parents get their GC, they can file I130 for your sister and it will follow the timeline for child of GC holder.

Please read the thread below and info on USCIS carefully for more info

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=201085

Read the entire thread because in the beginning of thread there was incorrect info which was corrected later in the thread.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=201085

Question about Mother's address in I-130 Question 2

I am filing I-130 for my mother with concurrent I-485 since she is in the US now as a visitor. Should I put her India address in Qn2 or should I put my US address where she is residing currently?

Also, my Naturalization certificate or Birth Certificate does not have my middle name, but my older INS docs like green card had it. Should I put my midde name or leave it blank? Or should I mention it in other names used. Does format have to exactly match the name on the Naturalization certificate?

Thanks,

Greetings,

I am planning to file for my parents' immigration application through CP and I would like to ask for your suggestions on the following suggestions.

Currently my parents are living in China, and the mail can't be delivered to their house address -- Can I use a business address as their mailing address since I don't want the mails from either the USCIS, NVC or the US Guangzhou Consulate to my parents will be lost due to the mail delivery difficulties. But if I use this business address (it is going to be the hospital where my Mom use to work for before she retired), is this going to be considered using fake information? I don't want to cause any unnecessary problem for my parents' immigration process. Any information you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks,

I-864 fee both Parents

Hi All, I have a quick questions, I filed a petition for both of my parents at the same time which they were approved, I got the AOS fee bill for both of them (2 separate envelopes), but in the instructions says: "If you are a U.S. Citizen filing a separate Affidavit of Support (I-864) for each of your parents to immigrate, you only need to submit one $70.00 fee, which will cover both parents" ... so this means that I only have to send one payment of $70 for both applications??
Can you help me?

Thank you,

Mors

Yes, you only need to pay one $70.00 fee.

Hi All, I have a quick questions, I filed a petition for both of my parents at the same time which they were approved, I got the AOS fee bill for both of them (2 separate envelopes), but in the instructions says: "If you are a U.S. Citizen filing a separate Affidavit of Support (I-864) for each of your parents to immigrate, you only need to submit one $70.00 fee, which will cover both parents" ... so this means that I only have to send one payment of $70 for both applications??
Can you help me?

Thank you,

Mors

Question on DS-230 Part II, item 35

What do the following statments mean?

I derive foreign state chargeability under Sec. 202(b) through my____________

Preference: ____________

Numerical limitations: __________
(foreign state)

Where can I find sec. 202(b)?

Thanks in advance.