GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

The other check (355) was cashed on 10/10. We got notices for both I-130 and I-485.

9/10/2007, sent I-130 and I-485 on through priority mail.
10/5.2007, I-485 check cashed
9/30/2007, RD
10/4/2007, ND
10/10/2007, I-130 check cashed

Now I am crossing my fingers, hope it will go smooth.

gcforparents,

There is another thread on this forum http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263132&page=5 to track september and october filers. You may want to put your dates there and it is easy for all of us to track our applications.

My parents are from China too and they have been out of status for a few days too. Let's hope they get their green card smoothly.

Hi Sharon754!

Thanks for the information! I was wondering where we can track dates and compare status... I will update my information there. Yes let's keep our fingers crossed.

gcforparents,

There is another thread on this forum http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263132&page=5 to track september and october filers. You may want to put your dates there and it is easy for all of us to track our applications.

My parents are from China too and they have been out of status for a few days too. Let's hope they get their green card smoothly.

Forms Needed For Aos

Hi, I Am Planning To File Gc For My Mom. Her Visitor Visa Expieres In Jan 08. The Forms That I Need To Fill And Send Are:

I-130
I-485 (adjustment Of Status)
I-864 (affidavit Of Support)
Medical Exams (i-693).

Is There Any Other Things Other Than Fees, Affidavit Of Support For Dob Etc. I Reside In Atlanta.

Will There Be Sufficient Time To Get The I-485 Receipt Notice So That She Is Not Out Of Status.

Thanks In Advance.

If USCIS Receives The I-485 Before The Expiration Of The I-94 Then She Will Remain In Status Even If She Does Not Receive The I-485 Receipt For Some Time.

I'm puzzled. Is a soon-to-be expire or already expired I-94 affects one status after filing I-485?

For example.. (see gc4parents post), even if their parent's I-94 has expired, they file it anyway and yet automatically, they're in legal status?

I'm puzzled. Is a soon-to-be expire or already expired I-94 affects one status after filing I-485?

For example.. (see gc4parents post), even if their parent's I-94 has expired, they file it anyway and yet automatically, they're in legal status?

Why don't you want to read the instructions?

Yes, the overstay is forgiven to immediate families of US citizens.

Thank You to Everyone here!

I submitted the AOS applications for both of my parents back in mid-June. Both cases went to Newark, NJ, which is where we live. Somehow my father's case was transferred from Newark, NJ to California in July. And my mother's case remained in Neward, NJ. My mom got an interview on Sept 25 and was approved but pending for name check. I thought her name check would be stuck for years, which had happened to me when I get my citizenship, my name check was stuck for 3 yrs. Somehow her name check went through just last Friday and she will be getting her green card in a week. And for my father's application, his application was approved without any interview at all, and he has already received his green card last week. Overall, the whole process is extremely smooth, must easier than my case (I waited 3 yrs for the name check). And it took only 4 months for both of them.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone here for all the helpful information here. If not because of this forum, I would have paid a total $5,000 to a lawyer to file the application for both of my parents. Not to say it is not right to hire a lawyer, but this forum has showed me how easy to file this type of application myself.

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone here for all the helpful information here. If not because of this forum, I would have paid a total $5,000 to a lawyer to file the application for both of my parents. Not to say it is not right to hire a lawyer, but this forum has showed me how easy to file this type of application myself.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsor's birth certificate

If I am filing for my mom's birth certificate, I require this:

"A copy of petitioner's birth certificate showing your name and parent's name "

Would a birth certificate issued by an embassy be enough? Or an affidavit? Or should this definitely be the birth certificate issued by the municipality? If so, what happens if you submitted an NABC for your own green card?

Where to send the forms for AOS. Atlanta

Hi,

I live in Atlanta. Where should I be sending the forms I-130, I-485, I-864 etc.

I-130 says "Texas" address for residents in atlanta. While the 485 says lockbox in Chicago. Is it like all forms need to send to same addr or different forms go to different address.

Thanks,

Hi,

I live in Atlanta. Where should I be sending the forms I-130, I-485, I-864 etc.

I-130 says "Texas" address for residents in atlanta. While the 485 says lockbox in Chicago. Is it like all forms need to send to same addr or different forms go to different address.

Thanks,

All together, Chicago lock box.

I-130 for parents

Hi all,
I got my US Citizenship and submitted I-130 for my parents who are in India.
I got the USPS confirmation that my cover has reached to VSC but I didn't get any confirmation from VSC yet.
I have submitted the I-130 on OCT-04-2007 and I got the USPS confirmation that they delivered the cover on OCT-05-2007.
I did send the money order, I would have send checks.
Usually how long does it take to get the NOA from VSC ?

Thank you
Roseram

Sponsor's bc?

Can anyone please answer my query?:

- I am required to furnish my own birth certificate to sponsor my mother's GC. What if I don't have it? Would an affidavit or something else substitute for it?

Can anyone please answer my query?:

- I am required to furnish my own birth certificate to sponsor my mother's GC. What if I don't have it? Would an affidavit or something else substitute for it?

Submit NABC + 2 affidavits from relatives other than your mother (who is a beneficiary of this petition). USCIS requirements are quite clear on this and this has been discussed many times in the forum.

Birth Certificate

For I-485, my mom does not have a b.c. She is the eldest member of the family. She does not have any one older than her who can issue affidavits. Her younger sister and brother-in-law have given the affidavits. Is it ok.

Also, since I do not have anyone in india, i may not be able to procure the document stating that there is non availability of bc.

Help with PCC

Hi all,
I filed Immigrant visa for my mother thru CP in Chennai
Please help me out. For the Police clearance certificate from India Does the Passport office issue a document or is it stamped in the passport. For the PCC from Local office, does my mom have to get from Local police station or from Hyderabad Commissioner Office? I am totally confused, Please reply

Thanks a lot
HydMom

I am new to this forum. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have applied I-130 for my mom in July - 07. I have not still heard anything. If I search on line it it says case has been transferred to CSC.

Please let me know of the timelines and the next steps.

RD 07/18/07
ND 07/31/07

HYDMOM,

Could you send me your details regarding GC for your MOM? I filed in July-07 Consular processing in Chennai, Still have not heard anything from CSC

Thanks,
Sbhoj