GC Approved but 2 years Conditional...Help!!!

JagadeeshP

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got approval notices but notice says following along with "Welcome to United States"

"Your new card will expire two years from when you became a permanent resident. By law your resident status is conditional, and you must apply to remove those conditions before your card expires. We recommend you apply several months before your card expires". etc etc

Same notice came for me and my wife. Did anyone received same thing or is it some typo error.

This is on EB3 category.

This is only when applied marraige based GC. Its typo error since yours is employment based..

Should wait

What are the conditions ...

Congrats anyways ....

I need to wait until the card comes in mail. But I want to know whether EB3 categories will also get Conditional Approvals. We both got married in INDIA and applied Labor, I140 and I485. We both are INDIA citizens.

If it is a Typo error how should I approach ? Will I-90 form will solve the problem ? I don't know if we are the first persons who got into this problem in EB3 category.

Cards Received

:D I received the cards and it has been issued for 10 years. The LUD also got again updated from "Card production ordered" to "receipt notice sent" .

Maybe this is USCIS error and they might have realised before issuing the cards. Anyway thanks to everyone for suggestions.

:D

I believe this a very generic message in every one's welcome notice and we do not to worry about these. We too got the same contetnts in our welcome notices. However the cards have the expiration dates after 10 yrs.

Others who have received welcome notices, please verify and cofirm this to us.

thanks
skds

I believe this a very generic message in every one's welcome notice and we do not to worry about these. We too got the same contetnts in our welcome notices. However the cards have the expiration dates after 10 yrs.

Others who have received welcome notices, please verify and cofirm this to us.

thanks
skds
Nope - this is not generic.
My welcome notice said that the card is valid for 10 years ...... conditional is only for family cases to make sure that the marriage was legal.

OK -- since ours are employment based and cards are valid till 10 years, should we really be worried about thes and get corrected only the Welcone Notices ?
{there is no condition as such, mentioned at welcome notices and no more letters related of these "conditional" things, have come to us.}

I got approved on June 20th. Got Cards on June 25th. But I never got the Welcome Notice.
Any ideas how long does it take to get the Welcome Notice??

OK -- since ours are employment based and cards are valid till 10 years, should we really be worried about thes and get corrected only the Welcone Notices ?
{there is no condition as such, mentioned at welcome notices and no more letters related of these "conditional" things, have come to us.}
i would suggest to take an InfoPass and speak with someone there ... take your welcome notice and card and have them check whatever system to make sure that your status is fine.

I think it is fine since the card is valid for 10 yrs - but just for ur peace of mind ...

I got approved on June 20th. Got Cards on June 25th. But I never got the Welcome Notice.
Any ideas how long does it take to get the Welcome Notice??
I got welcome notice a couple of days before the card.
So maybe yours got "lost" in the mail ?? In any case that notice has no value since your card is here now -- if it shows up good - else don't worry too much.

Also got the following e-mail reply from the attorney office who applied my I-485 application.

"
A conditional residency is for those who apply for a gc through a us citizen
(spouse). It would not apply to you if your case was employment based.
"

further e-mail reply from attorney office ...

After doing further follow ups, received following email replies from the attorney office ...

"I don't know why they would issue a conditional letter it is obviously a mistake. You said the card has a validity date to 2017 correct? If so, I would think you should just call the customer service number and ask if it makes a difference or not as the card is valid for 10 years and it was employment based. I don't think it will but go ahead and check with them."

response from Customer Service

Spoke to the Immigration Officer calling customer service number. After hearing every thing from me, he concluded that it might be a typo error either in welcome notice or in the card.
When I mentioned that it can not be the error in card as mine is on employment basis filings, he told that "he does not know".
Finally he advised to take an appointment at local Immigration office {through the Infopass} and contact them.

meeting with officer {InfoPass appointment}

Got InfoPass appointment scheduled and met the officer ...

After looking at the card and then the letter, he asked if I am married to US citizen. Knowing that, mine is an employment application, he told that that "conditional resident status" is not applicable to me.
Officer logged on to the system to verify my case. After looking at the information, he mentioned that YOU ARE GOOD, do not worry about the welcome letter's message,

Huuu !!!!! relaxed at last ……..