GC application based on Marriage (living in different states)

l_0oio0_l

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

First of all thanks for taking time to read through this and any help that is provided! :)

Me: Currently on F1, working 40 hours per week using CPT. Residing in California.
Wife: US citizen. Working Fulltime. Residing in New Jersey.

We got married about a month ago in december. And we plan to move in together by sometime in June of 09. I still want to get my paperwork started so that I can get my EAD before my summer classes begin and I dont have to be on CPT from then.

Since I will be applying in next couple weeks time I needed some guidence on how to establish Evidence of Bonafied Marriage.

I can start joint bank accounts.
I can add my wife to my current apartment lease.
I can add our names on utility bills.

However, I still dont know what I should use for her residence address. Since she is still working in NJ.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Thanks again in advance....

Hi,

First of all thanks for taking time to read through this and any help that is provided! :)

Me: Currently on F1, working 40 hours per week using CPT. Residing in California.
Wife: US citizen. Working Fulltime. Residing in New Jersey.

We got married about a month ago in december. And we plan to move in together by sometime in June of 09. I still want to get my paperwork started so that I can get my EAD before my summer classes begin and I dont have to be on CPT from then.

Since I will be applying in next couple weeks time I needed some guidence on how to establish Evidence of Bonafied Marriage.

I can start joint bank accounts.
I can add my wife to my current apartment lease.
I can add our names on utility bills.

However, I still dont know what I should use for her residence address. Since she is still working in NJ.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Thanks again in advance....

My recommendation; You have to use her correct address in NJ.

So, shall I use 2 different address for her or just one (NJ one). In such case how would I make my case that we are williing to stay together by June?

Well what I meant to say was do not give "false" information in your application; as it may create bigger problems.

Usually if spouses live separately they wait to apply for AOS, until they start living together.

If you apply now and you most likely will get your IL before June and at the time of interview they for sure expect you to live together.

I would suggest applying for OPT now and then applying for AOS after you are living together. That way you don't risk going in to your interview with very little proof. An added benefit is that while you are on OPT you don't pay social security and medicare taxes, which you will as soon as you have an EAD based on marriage.

Good luck!

Me and my husband live in different states too.

1. For G325A, I use different address for me and him.
2. I130: different address for me and him on page 1. On page 2 item 18 and 22, I used my address because it's easier for him to come for the interview instead of me going to him.
3. During the interview, we explained why we can't live together for now but have the intention to move together when I graduate.

I would suggest applying for OPT now and then applying for AOS after you are living together. That way you don't risk going in to your interview with very little proof. An added benefit is that while you are on OPT you don't pay social security and medicare taxes, which you will as soon as you have an EAD based on marriage.

Good luck!

Thanks, mrs_s! I have already used up my OPT. H1 didnt go through in lottery. So, enrolled back in school and iam on CPT to keep my job. So, I was just thinking of reducing paying tution as soon as i can!

I know this idea works....oh but my case is juz lil too messy.... :)

Me and my husband live in different states too.

1. For G325A, I use different address for me and him.
2. I130: different address for me and him on page 1. On page 2 item 18 and 22, I used my address because it's easier for him to come for the interview instead of me going to him.
3. During the interview, we explained why we can't live together for now but have the intention to move together when I graduate.

Hmmm....So, I'm a just little uncomfortable understanding what all supporting documentation would be needed if I actually use two different addresses.

Another question: Can I use my address as permenant address for both of us...and then use her current address as temperory one due to job?

Thanks for all your help, chloeguo!!:)