FY2007 - Oct Bull Guess - Who hits the mark?

aawara said:
My guess

EB3 - India : April 2001
EB3 - ROW : July 2002

EB2 - India : Current
EB2 - ROW : Current

I agree with u on EB3, EB3 will still be screwed for months or may be years, untill they clean-up their a...

EB3 India will be 01-Apr-2001 and this date will fluctuates between 01-Apr-2001 and 15-Apr-2001 for next 3 years. So there is no hope for EB3 India..

EB2 India will start from Jan-2003 and move slowly but eventually become unavailable around Dec-06

Wait and watch ..

Guys and Gals,

These predictions are of no use. Lets just wait and few more days and see the actual dates. Its a waste of time to predict.

regards,

saras

eb2 india- will be jul'03...despite no movement the last couple of months...and I hope skill bill passes so that everyone is benefited...

rest we'll know for sure in a couple of days...I cant wait to open a bottle of champagne :)....

good luk all..

rani004........can i ask you what secret chinese formula you use to stay so optimistic despite the trends?? :)

Look at economic indicators

Immigrants, no matter where, have to suffer through what is happening here now. Mostly, the immigration process depends a lot on the economy of a country. One cannot compare the economy of a deveoped country with that of a 3rd world country, since the economic models are different in nature. The slow economic growth, stagnant unemployment rates and low % of private investment result in slower immigration process and increasing backlogs.

I think that the October visa bulletin can be predicted based on some economic indicators.

Question

:confused: Fellow readers... question please. Why are you positive on EB3 rest of world? Are you basing your decision on the trend over the last few months or is it based on remaining I-485 with 2001 PDs? Thanks.

Almost_Done said:
:confused: Fellow readers... question please. Why are you positive on EB3 rest of world? Are you basing your decision on the trend over the last few months or is it based on remaining I-485 with 2001 PDs? Thanks.

As much as it pains me to say this (my PD is 3/13/02), my gut tells me that the October bulletin will retro EB-3 world to May 1, 2001. In the September bulletin they already said that they are going to retro sometime in the future. I just think it will be sooner than later.

Oh yeah, I forgot one more thing... I sure hope that I'm wrong.

Lets prepare for the worst ..

Guys and Gals,

In this time of uncertainty it is best for EB3s (especially India EB3s) to be prepared for the worst case scenario. It is likely that EB3 India dates may get stuck in April 01 for the entire fiscal year of '07 and EB3 ROW dates may be retrogressed back to April or May '01. We need to be mentally prepared for this and not be shocked if this does indeed happen. All of us need to be ready to wait atleast another year and hope that either the backlogs reduce or some bill get passed within a year.

regards,

saras

Hi every one. It would be really nice if some one can explain to me as to how this 2800 visa numbers per year is divided.
thanksin advance.

245i removed three years straight!

It's mind boggling..

2000/2001 they passed 245i and next thing you know....200k applications for labor from illegal immigration - amounting to 200k x 2 dependents on avg = 400k ....man that's three years quota on EB categorys (140K x 3 almost)...

passing one law (245i) has literally...snatched away 2-3 years from all EB petitioners.....and forget the fact that India/Mexico/China petitions if they are above the prescribed 7% limit...just double the wait time (if actually 14%) or higher....

I am guessing the D-Day might be Sep 15 for the bulletin to come out!

Last edited by a moderator:
SKIL bill

saras76 said:
Guys and Gals,

In this time of uncertainty it is best for EB3s (especially India EB3s) to be prepared for the worst case scenario. It is likely that EB3 India dates may get stuck in April 01 for the entire fiscal year of '07 and EB3 ROW dates may be retrogressed back to April or May '01. We need to be mentally prepared for this and not be shocked if this does indeed happen. All of us need to be ready to wait atleast another year and hope that either the backlogs reduce or some bill get passed within a year.

regards,

saras

I agree ..it must be irritating for you I guess since yr PD is aug 01 ..so close yet so far :).I had a quick question, is the SKIL bill the same as the comprehensive immigration reform. the analysts on TV network seem to think that comp immi reform may be history ?

techy, smile...lighten up...dont worrry:)

It's wishful thinking...need an excuse to be happy..:) It helps me...See, unted nations post---u'll be happy 2:)

saras76 said:
Guys and Gals,

regards,

saras

I am pretty +ve this is how it will happen for this year, remember DOL has a deadline to finish all backlogs applications by end of year 2007 and this retrogression all to avoid flood of appliations, keeping this in mind I am not very hopefull for any coming bullitins

I know many guys just hate me for saying this

As saras76, I am prepared for the worst. Started to use the current facility for learning new stuff and not postponing any of my activities. :)

United, someone at IV posted that he strongly believes that the spillover from EB1+EB2 Row to EB3 RoW already happened and it was visible on the September 2006 visa bulletin. I wish he is wrong.

It looks like uscis/dos is allowing the unused visas in eb1 and eb2 rest of the world to go to ebe rest of the world. In this scenario; eb3 row will move forward fairly quickly.

If they don't spillover eb1 and eb2 to eb3 row then it would be many years.[/QUOTE]

USCIS ALWAYS disappointed me. Tired.

If it takes until November/December visa bulletin to see my April 2002 RoW date getting current, just fine. I am taking certifications that should take me few months to complete and I am very busy now, I don't carry on the way I used to. That's the right thing to do.

Regarding the visa bulletin, I think I will be OK if EB3 RoW remains at March 2002. I think that is the most likely scenario. If it moves to April 15th 2002 it is a bonus, but I am not sure. If not many people filed for I-485 in 2001 due to Christmas, then we may see dates advancing again for EB3 RoW perhaps next visa bulletin.

HARRY007 said:
As saras76, I am prepared for the worst. Started to use the current facility for learning new stuff and not postponing any of my activities. :)