Frequent address changes post GC

lprkhoj

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I am entering 5th year of GC and lately have been forced to change my address frequently (in 1 month gaps) by circumstances. I have been filing AR11 online as I change address. Would the frequent changes in address cause any issues at the time of applying for citizenship. I do expect questions being asked which is fine since these were all legit reasons but anything else I should be concerned about.

Are you maintaining a home or apartment in one steady place while staying in various temporary accommodations across the country as you go from project to project for business purposes? You don't need to report temporary business travel as address changes. Your address continues to be that one place where you maintain your long-term residence.

Are you maintaining a home or apartment in one steady place while staying in various temporary accommodations across the country as you go from project to project for business purposes? You don't need to report temporary business travel as address changes. Your address continues to be that one place where you maintain your long-term residence.

Well, infact not and that's part of the circumstance I am in, though I hope to settle down in at a steady place soon.

As a green card holder you have the right to move as often as you want*. Just make sure to keep filing AR-11, and keep a record of your address changes so you can report them on your naturalization application (if/when you apply for citizenship). The application asks for your addresses in the past 5 years.

*but you must live in the same state or USCIS district for at least 3 months to qualify for naturalization.

As a green card holder you have the right to move as often as you want*. Just make sure to keep filing AR-11, and keep a record of your address changes so you can report them on your naturalization application (if/when you apply for citizenship). The application asks for your addresses in the past 5 years.

*but you must live in the same state or USCIS district for at least 3 months to qualify for naturalization.

So lets say, one is permanent resident for 20 years and moves from time to time. He files AR-11 everytime. When applying for citizenship, he is only taking addresses he stayed at during the last 5 years? Correct me if I am wrong.

Like, whaever happened before 5 year window doesn't even matter?

So lets say, one is permanent resident for 20 years and moves from time to time. He files AR-11 everytime. When applying for citizenship, he is only taking addresses he stayed at during the last 5 years? Correct me if I am wrong.

Like, whaever happened before 5 year window doesn't even matter?

The N-400 form only asks for the past 5 years. The interviewer has the right to ask about addresses before that, but I've never read or heard of that happening.