FP to IL Tracker (all DO's)

This is weird. I just called NBC again, went through the formality of talking to 1st level help desk and then with an IO. She said I am not schedule for interview yet. This time I went ahead and asked where is my case holding up and she says my case is at Vermont Service Center and they are processing it. During my entire immigration history, I never came under Vermont Service Center at anytime, either during F1 or H1 or GC. It was always Nebraska Service Center. I just don't understand what is my case doing at Vermont Service Center. I thought NBC in MO handles these things. Does anyone know anything about it? This time she did not say anything about the A# file and I didn't ask either.

9/10 times when you call these ppl..they gave you the wrong info. At one point in my GC application, they told me that my FP had gone to the "native country" for clearances...Maybe they are just throwing you off.

9/10 times when you call these ppl..they gave you the wrong info. At one point in my GC application, they told me that my FP had gone to the "native country" for clearances...Maybe they are just throwing you off.

I called them again because my line was disconnected before I could end the conversation. Spoke to a different IO again and she said the same thing i.e my case is at Vermont Service Center and they are waiting for the A# file. I guess depending on the work load, they move the cases internally even though for the public, it is a lock box address and NBC as the main center for pre-interview processing. More waiting now.

Just to update everyone - I called the 800# again last week and got the same response that I "need to just wait." Today I went in for an Infopass appointment and got the same response again! argh! I'm so frustrated. No one will tell me what's going on with my file and why it's delayed by so much.

The Infopass officer today said the only person who can tell me what's going on with my file is the person who actually has it right now. Is there any way for me to contact that officer?

I guess next steps will be Congressman/Ombudsman/Lawyer. Any other suggestions? Anyone know a good lawyer in the Chicago area?

Just to update everyone - I called the 800# again last week and got the same response that I "need to just wait." Today I went in for an Infopass appointment and got the same response again! argh! I'm so frustrated. No one will tell me what's going on with my file and why it's delayed by so much.

The Infopass officer today said the only person who can tell me what's going on with my file is the person who actually has it right now. Is there any way for me to contact that officer?

I guess next steps will be Congressman/Ombudsman/Lawyer. Any other suggestions? Anyone know a good lawyer in the Chicago area?

You don't need to wait anymore on this. Write a letter to your local Congressman. Also, contact Mr. Robert at www.carpenterandcapt.com. He is a good lawyer. He helped with my cousin's case during his GC. This lawyer works right across USCIS building in downtown and he goes there almost everyday, representing clients. May be his acquaintance with local IO's might help in finding out where you got stuck. If it is stuck at NBC, don't know how much he can help other than calling NBC and do things his own way.

Just updating my status below...

Received my IL today for an interview on December 8th.. yay!!! :D

I got another LUD today, is this normal during the interview process? please advise. I hope everything is fine. I don't see too many LUD for the rest of you guys. I expect any mail from USCIS today/tomorrow.

My time-line:
Asylum : 01/1997
PRC : 12/12/2004 (delayed about 2 years due to a DWI in 06/2001).
__________________________________________________ ________________________
DO : NYC
09/14/2009 : N400 Received Texas
09/21/2009 : NOA Received + Cashed Check
10/01/2009 : FP Notice received
10/02/2009 : FP Done (W/I)
11/07/2009 : Sent to DO for standard interview.
11/08/2009 : LUD
11/09/2009 : LUD
11/10/2009 : LUD

Relax and stop being paranoid about LUD and what it could mean. There's no clear correlation between LUD and processing. You'll get your IL soon.

Can someone clarify this simple question?

My understanding is , after the FP is done the prints are transferred electronically to FBI and there is no delay at the fingerprinting office ??( yeah may be a day !!)

And after the FP verification is done that result is going to the central office?

If that is correct, irrespective of the your DO, all of our FP is received and processed until ‘case transferred to local office” in the same queue?

The reason for this question is, I am seeing the case status change after FP is faster for some people and it is taking longer for other and some correlation to the DO. For example my DO is Newark, people on that thread seem to have longer wait time from FP done until case transferred to local office. (just something I noticed form the posts. My FP is done on Oct 4 and haven’t heard anything , no status change, I know it will take time but just wondering weather it has to do anything with the local DO)

Thanks

It's definitely based on the local FP office. I did my fingerprints on 10/23 in Alexandria, VA and FBI is yet to receive the fingerprints after close to 3 weeks.

I'm leaving this post as my interview letter arrived yesterday. Now getting busy with making copies of all possible documents and studying 100 questions :rolleyes:
Good luck to you all!!

I went for walk-in fingerprint in Elizabeth NJ. We'll sit out and see when will the Interview Letter arrival. What is the expected time between FP to Interview in Newark DO ?

Oct 19 - N400 Sent (Lewisville TX)
Oct 20 - N400 Received
Oct 21 - Priority Date
Oct 26 - Cheque Encashed
Oct 28 - Received Fingerprint Notice
Nov 09 - Walk-in Fingerprint
x - Interview Letter ???
x - Interview Date ???
x - Intevie Date/Oath ???

Called USCIS this morning, spoke to a 2nd level IO and she told me the opposite, that my A# file is ready but the delay "might" be because of the background check delay. I was shocked. After hanging up, I thought about it for an hour and decided to call them again. I did and spoke to a 2nd level IO again. I told her that I am getting conflicting information regarding my case, one time my background checks done but "they" requested A# file & waiting, then my case processed by Vermont Service Center and now, "they" received my A# file but not background checks. I requested her to please give me the correct information. She put me on hold for more than 3 minutes, comes back, tell me that she pulled by case, saw it in detail and she can tell for sure that my case is just fine, everything in order, nothing to worry about and that Chicago DO ("they" finally revealed) requested my A# file, waiting for it and they will schedule my interview as soon as they receive my A# file. Now it makes sense. I don't know why they mentioned Vermont Service Center earlier when I was never under the VSC jurisdiction at anytime in US immigration history. It was always NSC or local Chicago DO.

Called USCIS this morning, spoke to a 2nd level IO and she told me the opposite, that my A# file is ready but the delay "might" be because of the background check delay. I was shocked. After hanging up, I thought about it for an hour and decided to call them again. I did and spoke to a 2nd level IO again. I told her that I am getting conflicting information regarding my case, one time my background checks done but "they" requested A# file & waiting, then my case processed by Vermont Service Center and now, "they" received my A# file but not background checks. I requested her to please give me the correct information. She put me on hold for more than 3 minutes, comes back, tell me that she pulled by case, saw it in detail and she can tell for sure that my case is just fine, everything in order, nothing to worry about and that Chicago DO ("they" finally revealed) requested my A# file, waiting for it and they will schedule my interview as soon as they receive my A# file. Now it makes sense. I don't know why they mentioned Vermont Service Center earlier when I was never under the VSC jurisdiction at anytime in US immigration history. It was always NSC or local Chicago DO.

As i told you before..most of the info USCIS tells you over the phone is crap ok? Best thing is go to an Infopass. My FP were lost and i probably called 5 times...one said to call Lewisville, TX where i sent my application..another one said wait 4-5 months because it can take that long..another one generated another FP..in the end i resolved it myself by going to the ASC and speaking to the supervisor...

All I can tell you is make an infopass every twice a week and follow up there instead of telephones.

Odd you say that. I don't know, but I've found Infopass here in Orlando a total complete and utter waste of time. Typical government workers who just don't give a damn. I guess it can depend on who you get, i mean each person is different. I yet have to find one IO who actually feels like helping. That said, I need to keep trying.

Odd you say that. I don't know, but I've found Infopass here in Orlando a total complete and utter waste of time. Typical government workers who just don't give a damn. I guess it can depend on who you get, i mean each person is different. I yet have to find one IO who actually feels like helping. That said, I need to keep trying.

In your case, there's not much they can do when a name check is pending for so long. You need to escalate via USCIS ombudsman, congressperson, and possibly lawsuit.

Hi Spiderman - It looks like we are on the same boat. It's been more than 3 months since I sent my application and my case is stuck with the yellow letter. I called the 800 number several times and always get the same answer, that I have to wait. Only once I was able to talk to a 2nd level officer. Today, I went to my infopass appointment and was told that my case is in Lees Summit, it was very hard to listen to what this guy was saying through that thick glass and people talking to another officer right next to me. I think he said that the case in a "fileroom" and that "they" might be ready to send it to my local office which is Chicago. I got home after this appointment and called the 800 number again, this time a woman tells me that they are waiting to get some feedback from the FBI, which I don't think it's true because when I called a couple of weeks ago, I was told that they have received my fingerprints and everything was fine, but just to double check, I called the FBI today, and they assured me that the FP results were sent on the same day. I don't know what is going on with my case... It is very very very frustrating!!

Here is my time line
PD 8/13/2009
FP 9/09/2009 Done
Yellow checklist 10/13/2009

As i told you before..most of the info USCIS tells you over the phone is crap ok? Best thing is go to an Infopass. My FP were lost and i probably called 5 times...one said to call Lewisville, TX where i sent my application..another one said wait 4-5 months because it can take that long..another one generated another FP..in the end i resolved it myself by going to the ASC and speaking to the supervisor...

All I can tell you is make an infopass every twice a week and follow up there instead of telephones.

Infopass is total waste of time from my experience. I found telephone rep willing to talk an extra minute than these infopass reps. Both times the infopass people just read what is on the computer and expressed no desire in extending the conversation. So, every situation is different.