FP to IL Tracker (all DO's)

Still waiting...

Folks! I am in the same situation... have not seen the YL or email yet. Did my FP on Sep 22nd, confirmed FBI check returned back on Oct 02nd.

No updates or LUD yet. 39 days since doing the FP and counting? :rolleyes:

Called up USCIS, the agent told me just what I could already see online and no more. Was advised to wait 90 days from the FP date to call for update again.

Folks! I am in the same situation... have not seen the YL or email yet. Did my FP on Sep 22nd, confirmed FBI check returned back on Oct 02nd.

Called up USCIS, the agent told me just what I could already see online and no more. Was advised to wait 90 days from the FP date to call for update again.

The 1st tier USCIS help desk is no good. You need to give them a valid reason why you are concerned with the case and you wish to speak to an officer if possible. They might transfer the call to the actual IO who has real access to your case. I made four calls in the last one month and all the four times I was able to speak to the actual IO.

Re: Still waiting...

The 1st tier USCIS help desk is no good. You need to give them a valid reason why you are concerned with the case and you wish to speak to an officer if possible. They might transfer the call to the actual IO who has real access to your case. I made four calls in the last one month and all the four times I was able to speak to the actual IO.

Thanks Spiderman03 & Guju for the advice.

Decided to call into USCIS and escalated the call to second level officer. The IO asked a few quick questions on the case and after hearing some clicks-clacks on the keyboard (during which felt like a pretty long wait)... advised that they have sent out the IL today (scheduled for Dec 15th).
Hurray for the light at the end of the tunnel! :) Thanks folks!

Thanks Spiderman03 & Guju for the advice.

Decided to call into USCIS and escalated the call to second level officer. The IO asked a few quick questions on the case and after hearing some clicks-clacks on the keyboard (during which felt like a pretty long wait)... advised that they have sent out the IL today (scheduled for Dec 15th).
Hurray for the light at the end of the tunnel! :) Thanks folks!

Congrats! Let us know when your online LUD changes. It should happen after midnight I guess. That way we will know how fast our online systems update.

Users "id0mu" & "usnycus", any update on your interview letters yet? Haven't seen any one of you posting for a while. Please post if there is an update. Thanks.

Balyan, how can or (or have you) 'confirm' the FBI check? My 'background check' has been going on since Oct 2008 and I just did my fingerprints in Oct 2009. How do I find out if my background check in complete?

Also, if I call the USCIS do I just ask "...Er, can I speak to a 2nd Tier IO please?" Should I give it to them a different way? I really want to know what is going on with my case now. I did my FPs a week ago and want to know, is something positive happening for my case to progress or were the FPs just to pacify me as they haven't attended to my case in over a year?

Also the online system is still showing 'initial review'. Is that supposed to change after the FPs or not? If so, how long after the FPs does that change? I've been looking at 'initial review' for over a year and am not convinced that the screen ever changes - does it?

DO: Chicago, IL.

8/22/2009: N-400 mailed (Empl. 4 yrs. 9 months, GC)
8/24/2009: Priority Date
8/31/2009: Bank Cashier's Check (cashed)
9/10/2009: FP Notice Received
9/25/2009: FP Appt. (Done)
10/31/2009: Yellow CL Received

Balyan, how can or (or have you) 'confirm' the FBI check? My 'background check' has been going on since Oct 2008 and I just did my fingerprints in Oct 2009. How do I find out if my background check in complete?

Also, if I call the USCIS do I just ask "...Er, can I speak to a 2nd Tier IO please?" Should I give it to them a different way? I really want to know what is going on with my case now. I did my FPs a week ago and want to know, is something positive happening for my case to progress or were the FPs just to pacify me as they haven't attended to my case in over a year?

Also the online system is still showing 'initial review'. Is that supposed to change after the FPs or not? If so, how long after the FPs does that change? I've been looking at 'initial review' for over a year and am not convinced that the screen ever changes - does it?

BritishGuy, I called into USCIS and told the CS that I have been waiting on the RFE for sometime and have not seen any updates yet. Requested her to transfer me to the Immigration Officer (if possible) as I would like to have some detailed updates. She asked me to wait for a few days and I told her this is my second call and the case is already 60 days in. She was more open to transfer the call, took the information and asked me to wait on the call while call is escalated to the second level officer. The second level officer knew the latest update on my case, was able to tell me that my file was received and they just sent out the letter. She was much more helpful...

BritishGuy, you are long overdue... recommend calling in and requesting the latest update on the case from the Second level officer. Don't worry about the online case status change, I have not received the standard email like lot others and my case online is still at "Request for Evidence" from Sep 17th. Ask them directly, they will have to respond or the least request to start an investigation into your case.

Let us know of any updates there... Good Luck!

I haven't received any RFE whatsoever since I lodged my N-400 over a year ago. I will be calling the USCIS first thing in the morning. Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made the phone call to the USCIS this morning. It took me two attempts to get speaking to an IO. They eventually put me though. She was polite enough. Anyway, I explained my situation and told them that I had my FPs a week ago (after waiting a year) - wondering if I should expect anything soon. She told me that she couldn't see any further updates and that I should give 30-60 days for them to process my FPs. I guess I'm going to give them until 27th Nov, then I'll call them again to see if there is any further update (providing I don't hear from them before then).

Typically, does anyone have an idea how long from FPs does a IL take in the Orlando DO?

Hi balyan, has your I-485 LUD changed? Can you let us know what is your I-485 LUD. Thanks!

Guju, just checked my USCIS update:
- I-485 LUD remains the old one, no change there
- N-400 LUD got updated to today's date and got an email this morning on 'Testing and Interview'

I think I have the longest wait here! 210 days as of today. I really have no idea what is delaying my case. Infopass appt officer said all the checks are complete and he's not sure what is causing the delay. He also said there are no flags on the case. My file still hasn't been transferred to local DO for scheduling as far as I can tell. Bobsmyth and other experts...what should I do? What could be wrong with my case?

I think I have the longest wait here! 210 days as of today. I really have no idea what is delaying my case. Infopass appt officer said all the checks are complete and he's not sure what is causing the delay. He also said there are no flags on the case. My file still hasn't been transferred to local DO for scheduling as far as I can tell. Bobsmyth and other experts...what should I do? What could be wrong with my case?

Did you try calling the 800 number and speak to a 2nd level IO? If you did, what is their response? If not, try that first before anyone can give you any kind of advice. When you call the 800 number, finish the formality of talking to the 1st level help desk and tell them it's more than six months since you gave the FP's and you are very concerned and you would like to talk to an IO for specific information on your case.

Also, write briefly about your case history here, like any complicated issues involved, any DUI's, any other brushes with the law, any other marriage issues going on etc...

Yes, I've called the 800 number multiple times and spoken to 2nd level IO's. I did that even before the Infopass. Anyway, Infopass officers have access to more information.

No complications whatsoever. Straightforward marriage-based case. We are still married, never lived apart, nothing. No tickets either.

By the way - all the officers, 2nd level IO's on the phone and Infopass, say the same thing: all checks are complete, no flags, you just have to wait...

By the way - all the officers, 2nd level IO's on the phone and Infopass, say the same thing: all checks are complete, no flags, you just have to wait...

They said just wait? That not good enough. I met a lawyer recently (AILA.com lawyers are recommended) close to my place and I asked him a simple question. If I pay him, would he be able to get my case move forward from FP to IL. His said even though he cannot make it happen, he can call them few times and put pressure on them to either give an answer for the delay or bring their attention to our case. He also told me that I should get him involved after waiting for 3 months after FP. You are waiting for six months and that is a very good reason to hire a lawyer. I read somewhere that AILA lawyers have a communication channel with NBC. So look for a AILA lawyer in your area by going to their website www.aila.org and click on "Find A Lawyer". Hope this helps. BTW, try one more time calling the 800 number tomorrow and let us know what they say. They might have an update or a different message for you.

Also, write a letter immediately to your local Congressman, a US Senator or US Rep. You can find the format on the internet. Usually you will get a response from USCIS within a month after you mail the letter to the Congressman. Who knows, it might make the NBC schedule your interview after receiving enquiry from the Congressman.

Last edited by a moderator: