• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

FP not accepted

alincosma

Registered Users (C)
Today my wife received a notice that her FP were not accepted and she has to go on Jully 5th for another fingerprinting. That sets our case back, and I wonder if we still have a chance. I'm really disappointed and I think I lost this game.

I am so sorry to hear this, alincosma. But don't give up so easily. It's only June and you still have three months. I think you will be safe. It's not that they refused you, they are still considering your case. So, keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!

well to be honest I'm tired, of waiting .
we are basically at their mercy and there's nothing we can do

Hi Alincosma,

This is unheard and very sad.....Stay optomistic and you still have sufficient time to get adjusted.

Good luck!!!

alincosma,

this is very common issue for many people. If ur wife get rejected second time, she will be ask to provide a police certificate/court records from every country where she lived for more than a 6 month. After submiting FP, u can call to FBI and they will tell if it get rejected or not.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/fpwaiver.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
alin,

this is very usual. it happens sometimes with people that work a lot with paper to have the FP faded and INS wants to repeat them. I don't think this will delay your process much. The FP are cleared very quickly and a common time consuming problem is the name check, not the FPs. In my opinion, you'll get the interview scheduled even if the FP are not cleared.
I know you're worried, and probably nobody can do anything to change this, but try to remain optimistic. sometimes this is the only thing that helps.
and don't forget that you can ask for help if things get realy nasty.
GL

dianac said:
alin,

this is very usual. it happens sometimes with people that work a lot with paper to have the FP faded and INS wants to repeat them. I don't think this will delay your process much. The FP are cleared very quickly and a common time consuming problem is the name check, not the FPs. In my opinion, you'll get the interview scheduled even if the FP are not cleared.
I know you're worried, and probably nobody can do anything to change this, but try to remain optimistic. sometimes this is the only thing that helps.
and don't forget that you can ask for help if things get realy nasty.
GL

If FP r not cleared, u won't get approved.

alincosma said:
Today my wife received a notice that her FP were not accepted and she has to go on Jully 5th for another fingerprinting. That sets our case back, and I wonder if we still have a chance. I'm really disappointed and I think I lost this game.
Just in case, make sure you obtain a police clearance from all countries that your wife has lived in since she turned 16. Certain countries may take up to 4 months to process the request. Not to worry you more than you already are, just to make sure that you've covered all of your basis. I'm sure things will go smoothly. As you said, you're just emotionally tired. It drains the energy out of you and makes you want to give up, but after a good night sleep, you'll wake up a fighter again. Remember, you've already come a long way to give up easily.
Keep your hopes up.

thank you very much guys for your good words. We might still have a chance but like I said I'm exhausted. I just got a job, trying to adjust myself and when I thought everything goes good, BAM this comes along. We'll see what happens, and we'll try to get the police records from our country just in case.
What happened when my wife had FP they took more than a half an hour to print her. She said that eventually the supervisor came and the guy who fingerprinted her had to redo some , I guess the guy was a begginer and he messed up. I was done in 10 minutes. Not our fault but we pay for it.
Even though she has a EAD she didn't get the SSN, more than 4 weeks since she applied. Her case is pending. I don't know why since the EAD was approved.
So the EAD is a completlly loss of time and money. Not worthed.

Good luck - I hope it all works out. I do think it sucks that it took them so long to tell you the fingerprints were rejected :mad:
I'm still waiting for my interview letter too, and like other people said we still have three months - don't give up now!

alincosma said:

hey alincosma don't worry we all have waited until here don't give up. I am sorry about that. When I went for my fingerprint in the computer maybe few times it said 'matched' she tried few more times and said its ok. Does something like this happened ? I will have my interview on the 10th of July. How did you learn it has been rejected?

The local office sent another appointment where it stated "FP unclassifiable"
I don't know what happened exactly but my wife said that they had problems FP-ing her. I am really disappointed and I don't know what to think anymore.
Good luck at your interview.

alincosma said:
The local office sent another appointment where it stated "FP unclassifiable"
I don't know what happened exactly but my wife said that they had problems FP-ing her. I am really disappointed and I don't know what to think anymore.
Good luck at your interview.

To Alincosma:

Do you have any good news? Did you find out anything from the USCIS?

Did you get an interview letter? Hopefully you will get it soon...

nothing yet. The only good news I think is the fact that my wife finally received SSN. Today she had FP one more time, but for only 2 fingers. That's were the problem was. Hopefully everything will be fine this time. I got the police records from our country just in case something goes wrong again.
Now I'm waiting again for interview notice.