FP done-EAD RFE details not known-layedoff-how to work with new client

leela laya

Registered Users (C)
I applied for I-485, EAD, AP in Aug \'01, RD 25th Aug \'01
Got AP
RFE for EAD, letter not received, waited 14 days, notified INS Vermont, said sending another copy of letter(
rfe) and ask me to wait for another 14 business days, 2nd letter(RFE) also not received - waiting for almomst 2 months after the day of 1st letter(RFE) despatched - RFE details not known(IIO said system not showing up what type of RFE it is, but requested in system to send another copy.
FP notice received, FP done.
Now layed off-possibility of getting client is zero, no pay, 180 days not over, completing only on end of Feb \'01.
EAD not received, RFE not know, how to get EAD??? - Attorney asking me to wait for another 15 days. But how long and what is the alternate way to get EAD or to find what is RFE for EAD.
I have valid H1 till oct \'02.
Can I look the job and join in another company without informing my GC processing employer.
For that how to handle the situation because I donot have EAD but new employer doesnot want to transfer H1. Is it right to do another H1 at this situation or what is other options to work with new employer.
How to handle to get my EAD. If I get my EAD, can I work with new employer with the EAD without informing to my old employer(as if I am in bench to the old employer without pay).
Guru please clarify all the details.

What is RFE?

Forgive me asking this, but what is RFE (Recommend For ????), is this a seperate document in addition to EAD, AP?

Thanks in advance

Never Mind

I did a search found out it is Request For Evidence, never mind for the previous question

Why don\'t you go to the local INS office to get EAD ...

I am not a lawyer and am not very knowledgeable about this GC process. So others, please correct me if this is not true - I have read a few postings on this site which mentioned about getting EAD (and AP) on a same day by personally going to the local INS office. I do not know what all documents are required for this. But I\'ll assume you\'ve to carry the I-485 receipt, photos for EAD, the EAD application form and the fees.

Ask your lawyer and see if you can do this.... Wish you goodluck!

Lawyer said even if I go to local INS-I will not get EAD if RFE is there

I asked my attorney whether I can go to local INS to personnaly collect my EAD, then lawyer contacted to Vermont INS and they told to lawyer that EAD cannot be issued because of RFE. Now I am worrying what type of RFE it is?? - please advice.

DONT WORRY--MAYBE FOR PHOTOGRAPH

I HAVE SO FAR seen RFE only for Photographs not clear. So dont worry. It might be that. Walkin EAD are called Interim EAD and only some offices of INS issue them. I knw for sure INS -Newark,NJ doesnt give interim EAD.

Hope this helps.