FP doing early problems

venak rao

Registered Users (C)
hi ,
i happen to talk to our attorney about doing fp earlier than the scheduled date and
he strongly recommended not to do that. he said when he spoke to iio\'s on
some cases he found that they will not assign a case until the date passes the actual
scheduled fp date of that case. If you do that very early , that shows your desperation
and could trigger a rfe or more delay in your case.
alo, if you see some nd 2/01 folks who did thier fp 2-3 mos earlier than scheduled
still did not get any approvals and the later ones got the approvals. thnk about it
and plan accordingly.

No Title

this is utter bullshit ....its time to change ur attorney..i know people who have been approved otherwise....

No Title

may be true.
I did my FP 2 weeks ahead in order to send my pp for H visa revalidation.
I did my FP in Oct 2000 2nd week as opposed to the scheduled 4th week.
I got RFE for M&A. I am repeating I140. It has a ND of Feb12.
Still waiting.
ramesh babu

No Title

debo_nair,
no offense but take ur own case for example. you did ur fp much much earlier
than scheduled and so many folks who did fp at end of april got approvals but
u are still waiting.
From the current pattern my attorney\'s caution seems to be logical

No Title

debo_nair,
you may get ur approval in next couple weeks as your case may be in line now
for getting approval. all i was saying is that doing fp that earlier did not
help you at all in any way. Hope to see ur approval sooner.

No Title

I know two of my coleagues who did finger prints ahead of schedule and did not get affected adversely because of it. In fact I think they benefited from it, but that is my opinion since I don\'t know for sure how INS functions. I definitely will do it ahead of the scheduled date when I receive the notice.
My two cents :)
-Raju

No Title

u are correct ..FP earlier doesnt help..my ND is 03.01 ..so no matter i do early or not they will not touch it unless they want to start 03.01 approvals......what i was saying was IT DOESN\'T hurt to do FP earlier at all.....It may not help but it wont generate RFE !!

No Title

though i personally think that doing FP earlier is not a problem, and many of my friends have done so already, sidhu\'s attorney may be taking the more cautious approach. and maybe he has his own reasoning to make. recently there was a post by chennu that he got a RFE because he was frequently calling IIOs and that triggered a flag that the applicant is desperate so something could be wrong with the case!!!
hard to say how the reasoning works in the minds of the INS officials!
though i can assure you all that i know of many cases with FP way ahead of time and no negative effects!

No Title

I was having problems with my I-485 having fallen through the cracks and, against my wife\'s recommendation, I called them on a weekly basis for atleast 2 months till it was straightened out. I never got an RFE, so I think its just the luck of the draw whether they decide to RFE you.

No Title

Hi Ciba and other gurus,

Thanks for this wonderful service.

I heard from a friend of mine that we can keep postponing the FP date beyond the scheduled date until we cross the 180 day window. The reason being if we get laid off from the current employer before 180 days and if we had not given the FP, we can carry on the 485 process with another employer. Is this true? After we receive the FP notice if we keep postponing it, will it not cause any problem? What is your advice on this? My 485 ND is 04/25/01.

No Title

Hi Ciba and other gurus,

Thanks for this wonderful service.

I heard from someone to keep postponing the FP date beyond the scheduled date until we cross the 180 day window after the ND for 485. The reason being if we get laid off from the current employer before 180 days and if we had not given the FP, we can carry on the 485 process with another employer. Is this true? After we receive the FP notice if we keep postponing it, will it not cause any problem? What is your advice on this? My 485 ND is 04/25/01.

No Title

no, there could be very serious consequences if you do that. First of all,
it is very hard to postpone your scheduled FP date. See old messages where
folks missed the FP as they went to India during the time and they found it so
hard to reschedule the FP. These days when you have to strugle hard even to
get one frist FP I dont think its good to purposefully reschedule it.

No Title

Unless things have changed drastically, doing FP earlier than
scheduled appointment should not have an adverse effect on
your case. During the last batch, many folks found out (from
our posts ) that they could go to ASC to have FP taken
early, almost everyone went ahead weeks or month early. They
all got their cases approved without any problem.

That being said, I would suggest folks not to rush things
this time around. Let\'s wait to see how things play out.
Those scheduled two or three months later should especially
be cautious. The reason is that you could very well crowd
the ASC if all of you go earlier than the appointments.

ciba