FP code 3 means faster approval indication?

can_card

We have recently filed I-485 and EAD. With in 20 days we got biometric notice with code 3 (myself & spouse) and code 2 for my 5 year old daughter. They took FP all 10 fingers and photo for myself and spouse. They took only photo and index FP for my daughter.

Why some people are getting code 2 and some are getting code 3? What is the reason for it? FP code 3 means faster approval indication?

Also my EAD card was issued with a note on it "FP was not avalilable". Is it normal? our EAD card was mailed just two days after we took FP.

Thanks...

code 3

My and my wifes 485 files June 22nd and FP done on 7/22 with code 3. They did the finger printing only and NO PICTURES taken. Why the photos are taken? I am confused now. Code 3 means some code as how to take the finger printing, it does not means faster apprval.
:(

It sounds like Code 1 is FP chek up (FBI)
Code 2 only biometrics for plastic GC
Code 3 - both FP check (FBI) and biometrics for plastic GC.

After code 2 and 3 people get LUD changed the same day or in a day or two (the picture , print and the signature gets to the file).
LUD with FP results come in 4 days - indefinite time from FBI.

:)

aeka

I and my wife just did FP on code 3 on 7/22 in Newark. There was no picture taken . Is there something wrong?

Also I see LUD change on my wifes 485 as 7/26 is that means FBI check is completed?

I dont see any change on my case.

I do not know what to tell you.
Ask other people.
I did my Code1 in Newark. They checked FP and crossed out Bio on the red stamp they put on the form I had with me.

ASC 2 means biometrics, ASC 3 means biometric and FP and ASC 1 I think is only FP.
Many of the codes differs from each other because it depends in what status you get in or you are and when you apply too.

It is my understanding the biometrics consist in a digital picture and a signature (with specific digital features).

On the Notice of Action appears a different ASC for each application it is my understanding...

FBI checks are two types: fingerprinting check and name check.
The first one is the FP check, is made within 48 hours. Then your EAD should be approved. It is very interesting the one who received an EAD with "FP not available", your AOS is base in what? employment?

The name check is done during your AOS is in process, some people have it done by the interview time or some are stuck until the name got clearance from FBI. Since 9/11 if you don't have a name clearance you don't get your GC card even an officer (in an interview or other situation) tell you that everything is in rule.

Good luck,

Hi Guys,
I just had my code 2 ASC done yesturday . They took my picture, Name check, index finger printing. Accidently I had burnt my index finger while cooking and I showed it to the officer. He said, no need to reschedule, we will take it anyway. WHen he took my picture and cross checked my name he told me that this is what is going to appear on you gc. So i dont know how to take it. He said the card will be in the mail with your picture. Let see. -

Code2

Hi mnl_gcguest

has your 485 been approved before you got a Code 2 biometric schedule date?

I have gathered from the newsgroup that some get their Code 2 biometric schedule date after 485 approval and some before.

goodluck.

No my GC is not approved. Here are my filing date.

485 filed - June 10, 2003
EAD 1st - August 18, 2003
EAD 2nd - Aust 18, 2004
EAD 3rd - July 15 , 2005
1st Finger Printing - Dec 2, 2004
Code 2 request - August 2, 2005

Close Dates

mnl_guest

our dates are very close

485 Rd july 14th 2003
1st FP was within a couple of months of 485 RD date
1st EAD : ????
2nd EAD: july 17th 2004
3rd EAD: june 19th 2005
Code2 Biometrics: Aug 6th 2005

let me know if you get your card or an approval notice.

thanks,
minn_labor

2nd fingerprint after filing I-485 for 2 years

Hi, mnl_guest and minn_labor

My I-485 RD is June, 2003, which is very close to yours.

I did my first FP in April 2004.
I am scheduled to do the 2nd fingerprint on Aug, 12, 2005

My I-140 was approved in July, 2005 (NIW)

Let's keep each other updated.

Thanks

Code 2 or Code3??

cheng16e said:
Hi, mnl_guest and minn_labor

My I-485 RD is June, 2003, which is very close to yours.

I did my first FP in April 2004.
I am scheduled to do the 2nd fingerprint on Aug, 12, 2005

My I-140 was approved in July, 2005 (NIW)

Let's keep each other updated.

Thanks

cheng
are you code 2 or code 3??

Your daughter doen't need to go thruogh the FBI check, she just need the card. If a person already went through the background check but the pictures ere utdated then a code 2 is requiered to have pictures ready for card in case of approval.

what does ASC mean

I know about FP1,2,3 is ASC something additional

mnl_gcquest said:
Hi Guys,
I just had my code 2 ASC done yesturday . They took my picture, Name check, index finger printing. Accidently I had burnt my index finger while cooking and I showed it to the officer. He said, no need to reschedule, we will take it anyway. WHen he took my picture and cross checked my name he told me that this is what is going to appear on you gc. So i dont know how to take it. He said the card will be in the mail with your picture. Let see. -

"match found" while giving FP

Hi,

I just finished my finger printing (code 3) and have a question. During the finger printing of my left hand fingers, the system display "Match found" message for 2-3 of my finger prints. Can anybody tell me if they had a similar experience and what does it mean.

Thanks
SS81

EB2 RIR VSC
I140/I485/EAD/AP - RD:6/28/05 ND: 7/13/05

RE: Match Found

ss81 said:
Hi,

I just finished my finger printing (code 3) and have a question. During the finger printing of my left hand fingers, the system display "Match found" message for 2-3 of my finger prints. Can anybody tell me if they had a similar experience and what does it mean.

Thanks
SS81

EB2 RIR VSC
I140/I485/EAD/AP - RD:6/28/05 ND: 7/13/05

I have had both 10 FP and an index FP and have never had a match found message pop up on the screen. I would be curious too see what it means. was this the second time you did all 10 FP?

No, this was the first time. I had submitted (not electronically though) my finger prints as part of obtaining police clearance for Canadian immigration

ss81

ss81 said:
No, this was the first time. I had submitted (not electronically though) my finger prints as part of obtaining police clearance for Canadian immigration

ss81

maybe that's what the match meant. i don't think there's anything to be concerned. it could just mean that your FPs are present in the databases
that they must be checking through.