Forms needed

lexis300

Registered Users (C)
So here's to make long story short, sister overstayed her tourist visa. Now she's married and her husband wants to petition her. What are the forms she needs to file? I know she needs I-130 I-485 and I-765. What else is missing that she needs. Please advise any help is great.

I-864, affidavit of support is also required. If she wants to travel outside of US while her application is in process, she will also need to file I-131 to obtain a travel authorization called Advance parole.

Is her husband a US citizen?

How long did she overstayed her visa?

This is the list of forms (assuming that the husband is a US citizen):

✓Form I-130, “Petition for Alien Relative”: the form that the American citizen files to initiate the green card process.
✓Form I-131, “Application for Travel Document”: a request to the USCIS to allow the alien (the spouse of the American citizen) to travel outside the U.S. while the application in pending. Also known as “Advance Parole”.
✓Form I-693, “Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record”: a form that the alien submits to a civil surgeon (a doctor who has been designated by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services).
✓Form I-864 or I-864EZ, “Affidavit of Support”: a form that the American citizen files to show that he or she makes enough money to support their spouse.
-In case that the spouse has been working in the U.S. for more than 10 years form I-864W can be used instead.
-In case that a household member is a joint sponsor, because primary sponsor lacks financial resources, form I-864A is needed too.
✓Form I-765, “Application for Employment Authorization”: if the alien spouse does not have a work visa (for example an H1B visa), this form can be used to request employment authorization card.
✓Form G-325, “Biographic Information”: both the American citizen and the alien spouse need to fill the biographic information form as part of the application.
✓Form I-485, “Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status”: the form that the alien spouse (the spouse of the American citizen) files to request a status change to Permanent Residence (green card).

I-864, affidavit of support is also required. If she wants to travel outside of US while her application is in process, she will also need to file I-131 to obtain a travel authorization called Advance parole.

Is her husband a US citizen?

thanks. HEr husband is a us citizen

✓Form I-130, “Petition for Alien Relative”: the form that the American citizen files to initiate the green card process.
✓Form I-131, “Application for Travel Document”: a request to the USCIS to allow the alien (the spouse of the American citizen) to travel outside the U.S. while the application in pending. Also known as “Advance Parole”.
✓Form I-693, “Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record”: a form that the alien submits to a civil surgeon (a doctor who has been designated by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services).
✓Form I-864 or I-864EZ, “Affidavit of Support”: a form that the American citizen files to show that he or she makes enough money to support their spouse.
-In case that the spouse has been working in the U.S. for more than 10 years form I-864W can be used instead.
-In case that a household member is a joint sponsor, because primary sponsor lacks financial resources, form I-864A is needed too.
✓Form I-765, “Application for Employment Authorization”: if the alien spouse does not have a work visa (for example an H1B visa), this form can be used to request employment authorization card.
✓Form G-325, “Biographic Information”: both the American citizen and the alien spouse need to fill the biographic information form as part of the application.
✓Form I-485, “Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status”: the form that the alien spouse (the spouse of the American citizen) files to request a status change to Permanent Residence (green card).

She has been here since 91.
Lots of forms to fill out.
THANKS

If she has been here out of status for almost 20 years then she SHOULD NOT apply for Advance Parole with the I-131. Any departure from the US until the GC issued will result in a 10 year ban on re-entry.

with all these forms ready except for the i-131, how many pictures should be attached with the file?

Form I-130 (if husband and wife petition) requires one photograph of the petitioner and one for the beneficiary.

Form I-485 requires two passport size photographs of the applicant.

Form I-765 requires two passport size photographs of the applicant.

G-1145 to get emails

To explain the G-1145 it is a simple form that you write in your email and/or cell phone number in order to receive a message (email and/or text) when the lockbox (Chicago) accepts your forms. You get the email about a week after mailing in the forms, and about a week before receiving the official paper receipts in the mail. I would highly advise using this form, and it only takes about a minute to fill out. Just make sure this the top form in your package.

Form I-130 (if husband and wife petition) requires one photograph of the petitioner and one for the beneficiary.

Form I-485 requires two passport size photographs of the applicant.

Form I-765 requires two passport size photographs of the applicant.
Thanks for your help!!!