Form I-730, spouse overseas.

turf

Hi,

I filed I-730 for my spouse on June 15, 2016. When i checked the status online it says "we received your Form I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition , Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXXXXX, at your local office."

My spouse is overseas. Why would TSC forward the form to my local office when the beneficiary is overseas? is this the sign of Delay?

Has anyone been thru similar process? Please share your timeline

I remember I received the same letter then few weeks later it said "we sent your case to a USCIS office, this office has jurisdiction on your case"

when was your interview and when your case approved?
What interview I'm sorry?
I'm applying for my wife and daughter in syria, case still pending and saying "DOS sent your case back to USCIS for further review. We are reviewing it and once we're done we will mail you" so no interviews yet. By the way, is this normal? Has anyone got something like this? I applied in Feb 2017.

My application was sent to the field office by mistake for interview. After 9 months of filing, i contacted my senator, and it was approved on 10th month. Not sure if it was senator's call that helped- but i would give him the credit. After approval, it took 2 months to reach oversea consulate. they scheduled interview for 2.5 months later.

in my case, it will be over 15 months from the initial filing. long time huh? keep patience.

Hi how are you friends can you tell me after grant of asylum application how long will take to bring family to US ?

if you file as soon as you got approved : In average 1-2 years. I have seen some coming in as soon as 5 months and few others 4-5 years. I have also heard some eligible derivatives killed while waiting for approval. Its all about luck and fate.

To share my experience I remember my mom granted asylum may 2014 and applied for us I-730 in June 2014 every thing was extremely fast in couple month the embassy contacted us and in September 2014 we got interviewed in the embassy and got the visa after 3 weeks

To share my experience I remember my mom granted asylum may 2014 and applied for us I-730 in June 2014 every thing was extremely fast in couple month the embassy contacted us and in September 2014 we got interviewed in the embassy and got the visa after 3 weeks
Thank you vary much Mike Hassan for your reply can you tell me where are you from and do you remember what they asked you during interview ?

I am from Egypt , the questions were simple questions like name date of birth address and mom’s name and address in the US pretty much questions to verify identity