Form I-130 affidavit to prove bona fide marriage

TinkerBelle81

Hi! I just married my boyfriend last September 25, 2009 and am wondering how many affidavits do I have to submit together with the form i-130? Since we have been married in less than a month, the only proof of bona fide marriage that we have is our joint account and the affidavit. Is that enough?
Does anyone know where I can find sample affidavits? Thanks!

You could use your wedding photographs, shared phone plans (if any) to supplement your application. I would say include a letter where you document the progression of your relationship (how you met, how long you have known each other, etc.) and anything to support that. This is my best guess..

I didn't use an affidavit of support so I am not sure where you can find an example. Other more experienced users on this site might be able to help.

You could use your wedding photographs, shared phone plans (if any) to supplement your application. I would say include a letter where you document the progression of your relationship (how you met, how long you have known each other, etc.) and anything to support that. This is my best guess..

I didn't use an affidavit of support so I am not sure where you can find an example. Other more experienced users on this site might be able to help.

Thomas,

I disagree with you on one thing, she doesn't need to include any affidavits in this application, because it is not required, it is mentioned as something that one can include. Writing letters always create problems for people, because once she messes up a small fact or omit something in her intial interview which was mentioned in the letter, she might be under scrutiny.

For the I-130, include copy of the marriage certificate, his birth certificate or copy of his 1st page of his american passport, that's all... USCIS won't require proof of bona fine marriage at this initial stage, when you go for the interview, then an affidavit from family members will be helpful, but joint documetation will be critical. What USCIS is interested in at the moment, is what is the basis for your filing and if indeed your I-130 has required evidence, his passport/birth certificate and your marriage certificate.

You are right, Al. At this point a marriage certificate is what is *absolutely* required. I guess the first stage is getting all the document what you have in order.

I agree with Al Southner. And please DO be ready to show prove of bona fide marriage at the interview. Joint bank accounts statements, joint utillity bills, joint credit card bills, lease agreements, car payments, car insurance, medical insurance......... anykind of document that proves that you have an ongoing true marital relationship!
You have some time to get all this things and more while you are waiting for an interview.

Good Luck!