Foreign trips after N-400 appln submission

lk1508

Registered Users (C)
Is there any restriction on foreign trips after applying for citizenship? The trips will not be longer that 2 weeks.

Traveling while N-400 pending

There is no stopping if you like to travel. Ofcourse traveling within US is no biggy but if you have to travel outside of US (that includes Canada/Mexico), you will to update the IO at the time of interview so he could update your application or file. Make sure you don't forget to tell him about your trips after your N-400 was in process. I am sure you should be fine coz I had taken couple of trips overseas few yrs back while my N-400 was in process. I saved copies of my tkts and boarding pass and brought it at the time of the interview. The IO made a note and there was no issue or delays.

Is there any restriction on foreign trips after applying for citizenship? The trips will not be longer that 2 weeks.

No problem as atlanta_brother pointed out. Make a note of your entry and leave dates and tell it to the interviewing officer when going over your N-400 application. Best of luck!

As others have noted above, you are allowed to travel abroad after filing N-400.
In general, foreign trips are relevant to an N-400 application in two ways: for satisfying the physical presence requirement and for satisfying the continuous residency requirement.
The physical presence requirement only has to be satisfied at the moment of filing N-400.
Any trips taken after N-400 is filed have no effect in relation to the physical presence requirement at all.

By contrast, the continuous residency requirement has to be satisfied all the way up to the naturalization oath. So an extended foreign trip (something like several months in duration) taken after N-400 is filed may cause a problem.
However, a couple of short trips (a couple of weeks long, as you say) should be perfectly fine.
You still need to report the trips taken after filing N-400 and before the interview at the interview itself, and the trips taken after the interview at the oath.