Foreign Travel Immediately After I-485 Interview

pachanga

Registered Users (C)
I know that there are a number of posts regarding this matter.

We now have a GC interview on November 4, 2010 which is a good news for us (we submitted the applications the last week of August). But we have not received a travel document (AP) as of today and have a coming up trip to Europa on November 12, 2010.

If we do not receive a travel document (AP) before the interview date, can we get a stamp (I-551) on my wife's passport? I heard that it would take 2 to 4 weeks to receive a physical green card after the interview. So we do not expect to receive a physical green card prior to the departure date.

AP normally takes 2-3 months to process ... so having applied in late August, your chances are about 50/50 to get it before your November 12 travel date.

They will give the I-551 stamp at the interview only if the approval is made final at the interview itself. If the case needs supervisor review, or you have to submit additional documents after the interview, or if the interviewer needs time after the interview to look through the files, you'll have to wait for another day to get the approval.

Today I received an e-mail notification from USCIS.

On October 15, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

What does this mean? Does this mean that my wife will receive AP within a few days?