Foreign trained nurse with green card.

emma007

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody.
I am a foreign trained nurse currently located in the United state because of my relationship. I am waiting for my green based on my marriage with a US citizen.

Since I am getting a green card, do I need to still apply for another visa through CGFNS? Will my green card through my marriage be an advantage for me?

I am looking forward to read from you guys.

It is almost the third time to post in this forum and i never had an answer to my my case. Is there any preference you guys choose to help. I am really desapointed.

Hi everybody.
I am a foreign trained nurse currently located in the United state because of my relationship. I am waiting for my green based on my marriage with a US citizen.

Since I am getting a green card, do I need to still apply for another visa through CGFNS? Will my green card through my marriage be an advantage for me?

I am looking forward to read from you guys.

If you are getting your greencard then you don't need to apply another visa. But you need to do all other paper work to get your RN license.

My wife has the same problem. I just post it before I see this thread. What kinds of test or RN license she need to take for working at CA?

Foreign trained RN's need to complete NCLEX exam to practie in US, most states want Credential Evaluation done by CGFNS to check how many training hours were completed in all the specialities and to check your registration details before issuing an Authority to Take the Test (ATT). They will request copies of your training transcripts and a registration history from your current board of nursing.
Check the website for the board of nursing in your relevant state for their requirments for foreign trained RNs