Foreign pharmacists and TOEFLiBT

renacaro

Registered Users (C)
I am a foreign pharmacist. I have taken five times the TOEFL iBT test and I have not reached the 26 score in speaking. I think this test is unfair, it does not measure your ability to speak english. I would like to hear the opinion of other foreign pharmacists.

we are in the same page

I have taken the test 4 times now and the max I can get in the speaking section is 23, and I have more than 20 friends that are on the same situation. I think with such a high requirement NABP is pursuing to stop certificating foreign pharmacist. They all know that this TOEFLibt test does not have anything to do with language proficiency, instead is a barrier to prevent more immigrant coming into this country as this Goverment will.
What we can do is to joint our voices and file a claim with U.S. Commission on Civil Rights setting our claim in a discriminatory procedure against different national origins. A language should not be by any means a requirement to certify a foreing graduate. It has to be focus on pharmacy knowledge but never in language. The language is not knowledge the langauge is intrinsic only with identity, origin or nationality but never knowledge. Let the companies to hire the Pharmacits to choose what language their pharmacist has to speak according with their demographical needs. Remember that in this country we have entire communities that do not speak english at all. I am not saying that we do not need to speak English, we all need it and the better we deal with it the more we can achieve in our career. What I am trying to say that NABP should never request for language skills or at least not to set it up in such a high and discriminatory level.
We most joint if we want our voices to be listened
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Complain to NABP

Hello, Mendez. Have you ever entered in Test Magic Forum? There are people writing letters to ETS, NABP and other Institutions to complain about TOEFL iBT. I think it is important that we all join efforts to do something about this problem. As you said, we need an acceptable level of English language, I agree with it, but I think the 26 score in speaking section is too high. Let´s see what happen. There are too many foreign pharmacists in the same situation.....
By the way, where are you from?
I am from Venezuela.

hello guys i am taking the test on the 16th of june any advice , u made ne scared:eek:

Don´t get nervous miro. I have taken the test five times and I haven´t reached the "26", but it doesn´t mean you will fail. My advice ? Study the readings from TOEFL iBT texts, practice writing essays in 20 minutes and try tp speak english all the time . It will help you in the speaking section. In my opinion, this test is not fair, but some people have passed. Good luck!

I am going to take my test soon, could you explane me how it goes, what will they ask me and etc, how did you prepare?
Thank you.

I recommend you to enter in "Test Magic Forum" and look for "TOEFL" section. You´ll find lots of information and tips that will help you to pass the TOEFL iBT. Good luck!

TOEFL iBT Petition to NABP

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience. Finally, we are done with the NABP petition, and TOEFL iBT complaints.

Without your help and information, it is impossible to finish these letters. I appreciate and am grateful to every party who helped me write and edit these letters.

I would like to thank my English teachers, ESL teachers, TOEFL teachers, TSE raters, former TOEIC raters, Academic Manager, my neighbors, spouses of testmagic forum's members, the BBB, NJ Consumer Affairs, ETS representative who told me to write these Complaint letter, and all valuable testmagic members who share useful information over time and help me write these letters and NABP who will take our concern seriously.

You all inspire me to do the right things. Please check these threads carefully and help sending the letters if you agree.

1.TOEFL iBT Complaint to NABP
http://www.urch.com/forums/pharmacy-...tion-nabp.html

2. TOEFL iBT Complaint to NJ Consumer Affairs
http://www.urch.com/forums/pharmacy-...ffairs-nj.html

Sincerely,

Knok

Hi guys,
just a suggestion. I think u also look at the raters i mean the TOEFL guys who bring out these scores. May be they are the ones who are making it so hard to rate the 26 score. I guess u all believe u do well on the speaking so why dont they give u the due mark. They are the ones who are not fair.

Hello, Mendez. Have you ever entered in Test Magic Forum? There are people writing letters to ETS, NABP and other Institutions to complain about TOEFL iBT. I think it is important that we all join efforts to do something about this problem. As you said, we need an acceptable level of English language, I agree with it, but I think the 26 score in speaking section is too high. Let´s see what happen. There are too many foreign pharmacists in the same situation.....
By the way, where are you from?
I am from Venezuela.

hi renacaro
when ever they answer ur letter plz update me i would like so much to know what they will do. do u expect any response?

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience. Finally, we are done with the NABP petition, and TOEFL iBT complaints.

Without your help and information, it is impossible to finish these letters. I appreciate and am grateful to every party who helped me write and edit these letters.

I would like to thank my English teachers, ESL teachers, TOEFL teachers, TSE raters, former TOEIC raters, Academic Manager, my neighbors, spouses of testmagic forum's members, the BBB, NJ Consumer Affairs, ETS representative who told me to write these Complaint letter, and all valuable testmagic members who share useful information over time and help me write these letters and NABP who will take our concern seriously.

You all inspire me to do the right things. Please check these threads carefully and help sending the letters if you agree.

Sincerely,

Knok

hi there
i also got high scores in every thing except the speaking 25 , but this is my first time, do u think i should write a complain too. i realy don't understand ,in every section i got above 25 so i find it hard to believe, that i can't score 26 in speaking:confused: , well i will re-enter any how but what about a complain.?

Hi Miro,
maybe you should try for rescoring. With 25 in speaking I don't think that you have anything to lose.
Good luck.

Hi Miro,
maybe you should try for rescoring. With 25 in speaking I don't think that you have anything to lose.
Good luck.

hi fafy
i have re entered the exam, and i can't believe it i got this time 24:eek:, well i feel this is unfair, since i took 29 in all other parts how could that be:confused:.
i am realy disappointed and i feel there is some thing happening i don't know it.
i don't know what to do keep entering for ever or what

Hi everyone,

Sincerely,

Knok

hay
i tried to log on these pages yet they r , i think empty

GEC provides real time updated information on the various universities and admission procedures for Countries like USA, UK, Singapore courses and so on.

We also offer coaching for examinations like CAT / CET / SNAP / NMAT / MAT & GRE / GMAT / TOEFL / SAT / IELTS.

Every academic destination, like USA, Australia, and UK, has its own demands to be fulfilled in order to secure admission in the right University. Keeping this in mind we also provide students with necessary Admissions Counseling which includes the following:

 Psychometric Assessment
 Counselling Session
 School Selection
 Preparing Application Packet
 Visa Counselling
 Pre-departure Seminar

So get ready, GET Started with the procedures Right away…

For further information contact:
Global Education Counsel:
[a division of Growth Centre (I) Pvt. Ltd.]
5th Floor, Gagangiri Complex,
18th Road, Chembur, Mumbai – 400071
Chembur: (022) 32516857/ 2528 5657 / 2528 7474
Pune: (020) 64000143 /25456179 / 25455184
Email :
Pune: info_pune@globaleducationcounsel.org
Mumbai: info_mumbai@globaleducationcounsel.org