For people waiting for plastic card 6 mos + after stamping

bw376

Registered Users (C)
I created this thread a while ago. Now one year after getting the stamp, I am still waiting for the plastic card. After a few visits to the local CIS office, it turned out that something seemed to be seriously wrong. I want to remind people that if you have been waiting for over 6 months, you should start to concern because the normal wait time is within 3-4 months. For my case, the case was approved at NYC office last August. After that, VSC requested the file. Now one year after the file still has NOT arrived at VSC. Therefore a card production order was never initiated.

For those of you who have been waiting long, you should not just sit there and wait. You should do something, i.e. file G731 inquiry, call congressman, ect. I also hope people who have the similar experience share their stories here so that we may be able to learn from each other.

not received plastic card

My passport was stamped November 2003. I have still not received the Plastic card. I called 1-800 USCIS number 3 times from june to August. Once every month and the USCIS representative is files the inquiry for me to the VSC. I have still not got the card. I have sent the details to the senator's ofice today and will wait for what his office says. If nothing happens, then next month I am planning to go to Newark office.

I checked the EAC number and the A# on my passport with my USCIS documents. They all look good.

Can you please share what you did to solve your case with the USCIS for your plastic card? Did you get the card finally?

Any suggestions .....

Thanks

Does anyone know the fax number for VSC to inquire about the green card. One of my friend did not get his plastic card so far and would like to inquire about it.

There is a 1-800-375-5283 number for the case status checking and can talk to their customer rep. and ask them the details about the case. The number is displayued in the USCIS web site. I am not aware of any fax number.

HiHi,

Anyone called this number. What was the reply.

I tried but it was in queue all the time, and i didn't have time to stay longer. Please let me know if it is worth it.

Thanks,
Krishna

I called USCIS for plastic card

... as on their website it is mentioned to call USCIS, if one does not recieve the physical green card in 60 days of approval.

Today the case status is updated to ".....we responded to your request for more information concerning your case .....".

Any one of you guys in same situation?

My friend sent G-731V and within 15 days , his card was ordered.Those who are waiting for plastic card , may want to give a try by sending the self addressed envelope to Service center.