Florida Timeline

rekab

I would like to start a thread for naturalization processing time in florida.
I live in the west palm beach area this is my time line.

PD: FEB 18, 2003
FP: march 27, 2003
interview: still waiting

I think the wait time is 210-240 days.
if you live in florida please post your time line
Thanks

I would like to start a thread for naturalization processing time in florida.
I live in the west palm beach area this is my time line.

PD: FEB 18, 2003
FP: march 27, 2003
interview: November 25, 2003

I think the wait time is 210-240 days.
if you live in florida please post your time line
Thanks

i had my citizenship interview on 11/25/03 at 10:30AM, in downtown miami. I got to the building about 9:30am showed the guard at the front my notification letter and he let me in the building, then i went upstairs then give the notification letter to the guard/ receptionist, he took it with other letters and to get them in a group to start calling people for their interviews, i got called around 10:35AM for my interview, the officer took me in a room and before i sat down he asked me to raise my hand and swear to tell the truth, which i did, he then started to skip thru my file, he then started to count days backwards, then ask me why i did i apply so early( i applied 90 days before my 3 year date on my green card, it was a option so i took it, whats the big deal?)
i told him because i wanted to get my citizenship as soon as possible. He kept skipping thru then asked why have i travelled so much( i was customer support engineer, so i travel alot out of the country, plus i like going on mini vactions) i told him i used to work as a support engineer and travel alot for the company, plus the mini vacations with my wife. He asked me where i worked i told him at the present time i am unemployed, but i attend school, (at this time i handed him a piece of paper with more trips out of the country that i took after i applied for citizenship) he took a look at it and ask how do i support myself, i told him my wife works and take care of the bills plus i have money in the bank saved, he said you got laid off in June and went on a mini vacation? i said yes! he told me that the money that i have saved should be for my bills and not for mini vactions ( at this point i was surprised and pissed, because it was my money, and he was telling me how to spend it, like he help me to save) i did not answer him. he started to ask me some questions like if i was in any comunist party ETC.. , he told me to write a simple question then asked me 6 civics question then wrote 60% passed. He then asked me for proof of my wifes citizenship, i gave hime a copy of her citizenship papers, he said that was not good enough he needed the original, now the notice that i recived did not ask to bring any original paper work only copies, i told him that i dont have any original paper work with me, but my wife who was waiting outside had her original passport he said that is not good enough, and that he would have to reshedule my interview unless i have my wife's original citizenship papers, at this point i was pissed because i thought my wife's passport would be proof of her citizenship, we even had a notorize copy of her citizenship certificate but according to him "anybody can get a notorize copy of any citizenship certificate and a passport" when we got out to the waiting room i told my wife what had happen so she went to talk to him but he kept giving the same responses, i guess my wife wore him down because after talking to him for a few minutes he ask for her passport and our original marriage certificate then said wait here for a letter, Five minutes later a lady came out from the back with a letter stating that my swearing in will be on DEC 16, 2003 and i need to show up early! I dont know what happened, but on DEC 16 i will be done with INS or BCIS or USCIS or what everthey are calling themselfs these days.