• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

first name, middle name confusing

Erkan

Registered Users (C)
I am notified for DV 2008 programme.

I have a following specific question.

When I filled the forms on the internet I inserted my real name ( that people call me) as a first name, but infact I have 2 names. And the name that I call real one is the second one before the surname. The name which physically is the first one is the name that is used together with my real name just only on the native documents, ID s etc. So, we dont have first name, and middle name things. Just the parents and relatives like to give a dead relatives names, 2 names, sometimes even 3 names. If I give a example :

My names on the native documents, ID s are :

Aaaa Bbbb SURNAME

But I inserted Bbb (people call me everytime) as a first name and Aaaa as a middle name. I received the letter on which printed my name as:

SURNAME Bbbb Aaaa..

I have filling the forms now as I inserted on the system. Is this might be problem during the interview? Any person who had a same case before?

Thanks in advance..

Erkan

I am notified for DV 2008 programme.

I have a following specific question.

When I filled the forms on the internet I inserted my real name ( that people call me) as a first name, but infact I have 2 names. And the name that I call real one is the second one before the surname. The name which physically is the first one is the name that is used together with my real name just only on the native documents, ID s etc. So, we dont have first name, and middle name things. Just the parents and relatives like to give a dead relatives names, 2 names, sometimes even 3 names. If I give a example :

My names on the native documents, ID s are :

Aaaa Bbbb SURNAME

But I inserted Bbb (people call me everytime) as a first name and Aaaa as a middle name. I received the letter on which printed my name as:

SURNAME Bbbb Aaaa..

I have filling the forms now as I inserted on the system. Is this might be problem during the interview? Any person who had a same case before?

Thanks in advance..

Erkan

Dear Erkan

It's definitely a problem,a big problem!
but has a very simple resolution!
just fill out the forms DS230I&II and DSP122 completely and carefully with your full real (passport) name and sen them to KCC.
then after a month email the KCC and tell them about your mistake in original(online) entry.they do correct your name in your files that send to your embassy but they are not able to correct and change the information of original entry because of security reasons.
thus whenever you want to inquire about youe case you need to write your wrong (online entry) name not the correct one,because they just reply the inquiries according to their original online entry information not according to the sent forms(DS230-DSP122) information.
it is a little bit confusing i hope you can get it thoroughly.if you still have any questions feel free 2 ask me.
good luck

Dear gr8ideaman

Thanks for information. But I have a question: can I send the forms with the letter that I declare my mistake in online entry with the reasons ? Because I am afraid in one month they will send my files to the Embassy , because my case number is
EU00001XXX . Or just I will call the KCC and ask them how to correct..?

What do you think..?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear gr8ideaman

Thanks for information. But I have a question: can I send the forms with the letter that I declare my mistake in online entry with the reasons ? Because I am afraid in one month they will send my files to the Embassy , because my case number is EU00001 xxxx . Or just I will call the KCC and ask them how to correct..?

What do you think..?

Regards

I think its better you contact KCC to be on a safer side.WQish u the best of luck.

I called KCC and I expained my mistake. I was told that I have to fill the forms sent to me with the names as they appear on my passport and native ID documents. The officer said that thyt put the files in my folder and edit them. But as you say they cannot change the original entry form.

I have asked the officer whether I have a problem with it during the interview. The officer said that if it will be a matter of question, I can explain the reasons as i did today. That's all..I hope the problem will be resolved.

Thanks for help..Kind regards

Additional to my previous mail, I called again KCC, I said that due to DV visa is a government related issue, I want to make a record with attached letter to the forms declaring my mistake with the first and middle names and explaning the reasons, and asked them whether it is possible and allowed. The officer said that it is fully allowed.

I think this a good feedback for the people who will have similiar cases in the future.

Regards

Additional to my previous mail, I called again KCC, I said that due to DV visa is a government related issue, I want to make a record with attached letter to the forms declaring my mistake with the first and middle names and explaning the reasons, and asked them whether it is possible and allowed. The officer said that it is fully allowed.

I think this a good feedback for the people who will have similiar cases in the future.

Regards

Hi ERKAN
thank God, your problem removed.
but I recommend you to send an email to KCC and explain your mistakes again, then when they respond you this way" KCC has received the change to your name and it has been included in your case file. Information that was included on your original submission form cannot be changed. Therefore, when requesting information on your case, you need to submit the original date of birth." keep this email safe and take a copy of the email with you to embassy at the time of your interview as a proof that you've told KCC about your mistake before. BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY!
Good Luck

Dear gr8ideaman

Thanks for good advise, you realy help people very much.

Yesterday I called KCC 2 times and I asked them what reaction KCC will show if I will write a official letter. Even I clearly mentioned that DV visa is government related program and I'd like to create record on my problem. They said it will be very usefull. I wrote a letter with explanation and sent it together with the forms to include it into my files as you recommended :) .

Officers working in help center are really very friendly and helping well.

All the best...

Dear gr8ideaman

Thanks for good advise, you are really helping so much.

Yesterday I called KCC 2 times and I asked them what reaction KCC will show if I will write a official letter. Even I clearly mentioned that DV visa is government related program and I'd like to create record on my problem. They said it will be very usefull. I wrote a letter with explanation and sent it together with the forms to include it into my files as you recommended :) .

Officers working in KCC are really very friendly and helping well.

All the best...