1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

First Name Last name issue in H1B

Discussion in 'H Visa - Links to Important Info.' started by daniz40, May 21, 2011.

1. daniz40

daniz40 Registered Users (C)

I have an offer from a company in US and they filed for my H1B. Now I have got my I-797B, Notice of Action and I have to apply for the visa now.
    The problem is with my first name and second name. I have only one name i.e., HASSAN (names changed here ) in all my documents. In my passport the "Give Name" column is empty and in "Surname" field they have printed "HASSAN". But I use HASSAN ZIA as my complete name. ZIA ULLAH is the name of my father so I use his first name as my last name. In all the documents that I have received from my prospective employer, they have written my name as HASSAN ZIA.
    I have heard and read on different forums that it creates lot of issues in US.
    Kindly guide me if you ever came across any case like mine. Do I need to change all my educational documents. passport, ID card with the complete/new name? It takes a lot of time do complete all this. Should I change only my passport before going for the interview?