First Name Last name issue in H1B

daniz40

Registered Users (C)
I have an offer from a company in US and they filed for my H1B. Now I have got my I-797B, Notice of Action and I have to apply for the visa now.
The problem is with my first name and second name. I have only one name i.e., HASSAN (names changed here ) in all my documents. In my passport the "Give Name" column is empty and in "Surname" field they have printed "HASSAN". But I use HASSAN ZIA as my complete name. ZIA ULLAH is the name of my father so I use his first name as my last name. In all the documents that I have received from my prospective employer, they have written my name as HASSAN ZIA.
I have heard and read on different forums that it creates lot of issues in US like getting driving licence, banks SSN ect.
Kindly guide me if you ever came across any case like mine. Do I need to change all my educational documents. passport, ID card with the complete/new name? It takes a lot of time do complete all this. Should I change only my passport before going for the interview?

I have an offer from a company in US and they filed for my H1B. Now I have got my I-797B, Notice of Action and I have to apply for the visa now.
The problem is with my first name and second name. I have only one name i.e., HASSAN (names changed here ) in all my documents. In my passport the "Give Name" column is empty and in "Surname" field they have printed "HASSAN". But I use HASSAN ZIA as my complete name. ZIA ULLAH is the name of my father so I use his first name as my last name. In all the documents that I have received from my prospective employer, they have written my name as HASSAN ZIA.
I have heard and read on different forums that it creates lot of issues in US like getting driving licence, banks SSN ect.
Kindly guide me if you ever came across any case like mine. Do I need to change all my educational documents. passport, ID card with the complete/new name? It takes a lot of time do complete all this. Should I change only my passport before going for the interview?

what is your name on your Passport? First Name.... Middle Name.... Last Name?
What name is written on H1 approval notice: First Name.... Middle Name.... Last Name?
*** is that mistake of lawyer who filed your H1?
Do you have certified Copy of the H1 petition? if not get it from Lawyer and check if Petition has correct name as on your Passport and Educational certificates.

Thanks Ginnu for the repl-y.
My name in passport: Given Name:-------(Blank) Surname: Hassan.
In H1 Petition: Gien Name: Hassan Surname: Zia.
In all my educational docs my name is written as Hassan.
Please reply.

Thanks Ginnu for the repl-y.
My name in passport: Given Name:-------(Blank) Surname: Hassan.
In H1 Petition: Gien Name: Hassan Surname: Zia.
In all my educational docs my name is written as Hassan.
Please reply.
on your H1 Petition it is Given Name: HASSAN , Surname: Zia
but on your Passport it is only "Hassan"
You Can change the name on your Passport as HASSAN ZIA so that it is same as on your H1 approval Notice.
For name Change on Passport you may have to provide Affidavit to Passport office and may have to also to give Advertisments in newspaper.
Your Name on Education Certificates is Only HASSAN so take the help of lawyer in your home country and he will draft affidavit that ABCD son of CCCCC , date of Birth ....... has name ABCD on his Education Certifictes and his name on passport is also ABCD and now ABCD wants to change name to XYZ . Lawyers know how to do the name change and you can do that and then correct the Name on your Passport so that it match with H1 approval notice.
**** Why you wrote your name Zia Hassan or lawyer who filed your H1 petition wrote your name as Zia Hassan when your passport and all the education documents have only Hassan?
***You may have problems for Visa stamping because of you name being diffrent on Petition /H1 approval and Diffrent name on Passport.
I dont know where you are working at this time and dont leave your job just because your H1 got approved. FYI many US employers dont have real job for H1 holders at this time and Consulates are also asking lot of documents for Visa stamp and many get Rejection.