Fired right after green card approval

ITSP

I got fired 2 days after green card approval date. When I got fired no one knows my green card is approved. I got emails from INS 1 day after I got fired. (So, I was PR when I got fired.) My I-485 is filed more than 180 days and I-140 is approved more than 2 years ago. Is there any problems getting citizenship? Will my green card be revoked in the future since it is too early to change a job? I found some opinions in this forum. "You are fine since employer fires you" and "Unless you get laid off, your gc will be revoked" I am very confusing now. Please help!

ITSP said:
I got fired 2 days after green card approval date. When I got fired no one knows my green card is approved. I got emails from INS 1 day after I got fired. (So, I was PR when I got fired.) My I-485 is filed more than 180 days and I-140 is approved more than 2 years ago. Is there any problems getting citizenship? Will my green card be revoked in the future since it is too early to change a job? I found some opinions in this forum. "You are fine since employer fires you" and "Unless you get laid off, your gc will be revoked" I am very confusing now. Please help!
Now you are a legal permanent resident. You are OK. I don't think that this will matter for your citizenship. Don't worry about this and go ahead to find a suitable employment. Good luck.

I have a similar situation. I was laid off with 3 weeks notice. After one week into the notice I got my I-485 approved. Is there any problem with my Green Card now? Would there be any problem with citizenship? My I-485 was filed in 2003. Please help.

JoeF said:
If the employer announces before approval that the intent to continue your employment no longer exists, e.g., through a layoff notice, the basis for the I-485 does no longer exist. So, you could indeed run into problems.

I don't see any problem as long as he finds a new job in same or similar position. If pre-approval intent change by employer is the only problem, then certainly he can qualify for AC21.

Originally Posted by pralay
I don't see any problem as long as he finds a new job in same or similar position. If pre-approval intent change by employer is the only problem, then certainly he can qualify for AC21.

I am not sure When do I need to invoke AC21? Do I need to invoke AC21 when:
1>. I file for citizenship or apply for Green Card renewal?
2>. I move or change my address - AR11?

I am also planning to move very shortly. I am still looking for a job. Is there any problem if you do not have job? What should I mention in current employer column on AR11 form? Is there any chance that my GC get revoked based on the information on AR11 form?

JoeF said:
Also, AC21 requires that the person has a new job when the I-485 is approved.

From all the memo, my understading of AC21 is different. USCIS will grant GC if the person has a new job offer or new job (same or similar) and I-485 is pending for 180+ days. The beneficiary must be able to demonstrate, if required, while I-485 is pending. But that does not mean that the person is required to have job offer or job on the very day of approval.

YATES3 said:
I am not sure When do I need to invoke AC21? Do I need to invoke AC21 when:
1>. I file for citizenship or apply for Green Card renewal?
2>. I move or change my address - AR11?

I am also planning to move very shortly. I am still looking for a job. Is there any problem if you do not have job? What should I mention in current employer column on AR11 form? Is there any chance that my GC get revoked based on the information on AR11 form?

You don't need to do anything it this moment - neither sending AC21 docs to USCIS nor sending AR-11 (unless you are moving). However, keep all the employment documents with all your immigration documents. Like, your termination notice (I guess you got that already), relief letter (you will get it on the last day of your employment) and also a copy of your new job offer.

At this moment don't worry too much about GC. Just look for new job. When you settle down, you can talk to an attorney.

Originally Posted by pralay
You don't need to do anything it this moment - neither sending AC21 docs to USCIS nor sending AR-11 (unless you are moving). However, keep all the employment documents with all your immigration documents. Like, your termination notice (I guess you got that already), relief letter (you will get it on the last day of your employment) and also a copy of your new job offer.

At this moment don't worry too much about GC. Just look for new job. When you settle down, you can talk to an attorney.

Thank you Pralay and JoeF. I appreciate your responses. I think I will not get an unemployment so as Pralay said I should not worry about GC but concentrate on getting a job.