FIngerprints being completed

AOS

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks..I have a quick question..my gc was applied through my spouse so family based and we are already done with our interview feb 06 and the officer said from her side she has approved but got to wait for background clearance..as of aug 9 '06..the uscis website says "Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you."

but after that there has not been any other status change and neither have i gotten my card..what does the above message mean? that banckground clearance is cleared? am lost..pleas help

Perhaps you are stuck with name check? I called FBI and was told that my fingerprints result was sent back to USCIS on the date I went for fingerprints.

Yes like PraetorianXI said, make an infopass appointment.

i did make an infopass a month ago to see whats going on..and got this real rude immigration officer who just did not want to help and simply said that its pending background check..my processing is way out of processing time and if the iimigration officer isint helpful what do you do? thats why i was asking if anyone had been in a similar situation..thanks for ur replies..

Make the infopass again, as things probably changed (if your namecheck finally cleared) then you may get a different response and the office may not be in PMS. :p

hey..thanks.i think thats exactly what i am going to have to do..maybe i ll get a better officer!!..lets c..thanks again