Fingerprints and Biometrics

jzlthssw

Registered Users (C)
Can someone help me with these two questions:
1. I tried to schedule the appointment in my city and was told by USCIS that there is no appointment available. And I found out that a city 60 miles away has avaliable appointments. My question is can I do the fingerprints and Biometrics in a different city from where I filed my applications?

2. This is a simple and maybe silly question. The EAD (I765) receipt I got from INS requires me to schedule an appointment for "Biometrics" , but the I485 receipt requires me to schedule appointment for "Fingerprinting & Biometrics." are they the same thing? Or do I need two appoint ment, one for I765, one for I485?

Thank you for helping me.

biometrics appointment

1. Yes. You should be able to schedule an appointment at another ASC. My wife and I went to an ASC in MD instead of VA because it was more convenient to public transit. I don't think you'll have a problem given there are no appointments available at the closest ASC to you.

2. Make one appointment for both EAD and 485 biometrics and fingerprints. Just be sure to bring both receipt notices with you to the appointment.

jsnearline said:
1. Yes. You should be able to schedule an appointment at another ASC. My wife and I went to an ASC in MD instead of VA because it was more convenient to public transit. I don't think you'll have a problem given there are no appointments available at the closest ASC to you.

2. Make one appointment for both EAD and 485 biometrics and fingerprints. Just be sure to bring both receipt notices with you to the appointment.

Thank you so much.