Fingerprinting

kiran_k02

Registered Users (C)
I am EB2 Applicant, I am current next month.

History about me...I have applied for EAD and AP extension last year and I got fingerprinting notice(Sep 08) and then EAD & AP were issued.

My question is: Does USCIS use my fingerprints which I have provided during EAD approval or will they request me to provide fresh set of fingerprints again for my I485?

I am EB2 Applicant, I am current next month.

History about me...I have applied for EAD and AP extension last year and I got fingerprinting notice(Sep 08) and then EAD & AP were issued.

My question is: Does USCIS use my fingerprints which I have provided during EAD approval or will they request me to provide fresh set of fingerprints again for my I485?

will send fingerprints notice if fingerprints were takem 15 months back. EAD fingerprints are not used for I-485 approval.

I have only got fingerprint notice once in 2007 when I applied for 485/EAD/AP in June 07. It's been 2 years since and I have not yet received any notice to get my fingerprints done again. So, not sure if 15 months logic only applies to some applicants.

I have only had one set of fingerprints taken (~July 2007) when I applied for my I-485.

This site may explain why that may be OK. It suggests that in most cases they are able to internally revive the fingerprints. The site will not allow me to post an url, so please add www to the address in parentheses (murthy.com/news/n_nsc509.html)

Same here....just 1 set of fingerprints taken in Oct 2007 and none after. I was called for an interview at the local office on August 17th 2009 and he said I'll get my GC once the dates become current.
PD 09/12/2006
I-140 12/27/2006
I-485 applied 08/02/2007
1st FP 10/21/2007
I-485 transfer to local office 06/12/2009
I-485 interview 08/17/2009
Waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had one set of fingerprints taken in Oct 2006. My GC was approved early this month. No additional fingerprints requested.