Fingerprinting at POE and GC

sunmicro

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone has exprience at a POE and entry into US after getting a GC. I
know all you need is your PP and GC at POE but are you also fingerprinted (just like for non-immigrants) at POE?
Thanks

You don't need to provide your FP if you are entering into the US on GC.

Does anyone has exprience at a POE and entry into US after getting a GC. I
know all you need is your PP and GC at POE but are you also fingerprinted (just like for non-immigrants) at POE?
Thanks

Not necessarily true, I learned this the hard way. The first time I entered, I was sent to secondary inspection and fingerprinted. It can happen again in the future and is entirely at the discretion of the agent.

Fingerprinting happens to some people, but it is not standard procedure to do fingerprinting of GC holders who present an unexpired GC.

Not necessarily true, I learned this the hard way. The first time I entered, I was sent to secondary inspection and fingerprinted. It can happen again in the future and is entirely at the discretion of the agent.

I too was finger printed and sent to secondary inspection at the POE when I came back from visiting my homeland.
Did any of the following apply to any of you, at the time when you were fingerprinted at the POE while being a permanent resident?

-- It was your first trip outside the US since GC approval
-- It was a very short time (less than 1 month) since GC approval
-- Large number of trips in a short period of relatively short time
-- A very long trip (approaching 6 months or more)
-- You used a reentry permit
-- Your GC was expired
-- Your passport was expired
-- You used Advance Parole instead of an actual GC
-- You have an arrest record (with or without being convicted)
-- You showed the I-551 stamp in the passport instead of a physical GC
-- You went to the Visitors line at Immigration instead of Residents/Citizens
-- You were traveling with a family member who doesn't have a GC or citizenship yet

I was out of the country to visit my usbands relatives (different country than my own), poe: dulles airport dc, not fp or nothing for that matter
Just a welcome home and a smile.

Did any of the following apply to any of you, at the time when you were fingerprinted at the POE while being a permanent resident?

-- It was your first trip outside the US since GC approval Yes
-- It was a very short time (less than 1 month) since GC approval Yes , I left 2 days after
-- Large number of trips in a short period of relatively short time No
-- A very long trip (approaching 6 months or more) No, was out for 1 week
-- You used a reentry permit No
-- Your GC was expired No
-- Your passport was expired No
-- You used Advance Parole instead of an actual GC No
-- You have an arrest record (with or without being convicted) No
-- You showed the I-551 stamp in the passport instead of a physical GC YES
-- You went to the Visitors line at Immigration instead of Residents/Citizens No
-- You were traveling with a family member who doesn't have a GC or citizenship yet
No

Last edited by a moderator:
-- It was your first trip outside the US since GC approval Yes
-- It was a very short time (less than 1 month) since GC approval Yes , I left 2 days after
-- You showed the I-551 stamp in the passport instead of a physical GC YES
That probably explains it ... you probably were not yet fully updated in all their systems, and the I-551 stamp is easier to fake than the GC itself, so they had some doubts and sent you to secondary to double-check that you're good to go.