Fingerprint vs. Name Check

immiqs

Registered Users (C)
Having completed the fingerprint (code 3), is the process of the fingerprint same as the name check or they are two different processes in the FBI?

Name check.

immiqs said:
Having completed the fingerprint (code 3), is the process of the fingerprint same as the name check or they are two different processes in the FBI?

Two different process -- but may kick in at that same time.. The results of name check might take long time ....

Good luck

I also did not understand this crazy FP process. Some say biometrics and some say FBI namecheck , security check etc.. and they are all related to each other. Hope some experts shed some light on this topic. :p

finger print check is to find any criminal records, arrest, dui ect in united states. It is a very fast process. FBI does it in a day after FP.

Name check or background check is to find out your previous background check, tie up with any organization threat to US security. FBI have some watchlist. They will check your name against the list. If your name is close, then they do further check. That is why it is a lenghty process. FBI says most (98%) of the cases they finish in 120 days. Also they say most of them will be finished at 72 hours.

BTW, where did you get the info that “FBI says most (98%) of the cases they finish in 120 days. Also they say most of them will be finished at 72 hours”? Does the FBI have the service standard of the Name Check?

how long is name check valid

FP is only good for 15 months.
I am wondering if name check also expirs after a period of time.

Some people did fingerprint 2 or 3 times. Do that mean everytime we do fingerprint, INS will aslo do the name check?

thanks in advance

Please help

I filed for AOS in second week of Apr 05, and did biometric ( code 3) in 3rd week of may May 05. Even before I did my biometric, I recived the NOA for interview ( June 10th). Someone told me that there is some pilot program going on and I should get my GC within 90 days , i.e on the interview day.
After the interview was over the officer said that the case is approvable but could not stamp 551, becase thought the results of fingerprinting were received, the FBI clearance was not revceived.
I am now stuck, and no one knows how long will it take for FBI clearance.
Can anyone please help me and tell me their experiences on the delay of approval of AOS application due to the non availability of FBI clearance

helponline1 said:
I filed for AOS in second week of Apr 05, and did biometric ( code 3) in 3rd week of may May 05. Even before I did my biometric, I recived the NOA for interview ( June 10th). Someone told me that there is some pilot program going on and I should get my GC within 90 days , i.e on the interview day.
After the interview was over the officer said that the case is approvable but could not stamp 551, becase thought the results of fingerprinting were received, the FBI clearance was not revceived.
I am now stuck, and no one knows how long will it take for FBI clearance.
Can anyone please help me and tell me their experiences on the delay of approval of AOS application due to the non availability of FBI clearance

You mentioned that there is a 90 day pilot program is going on for 485 approval. Your case is showing that you got interview in 90 days. Could you verify this? Which service center is performing this?

when do one has to do name check??

Dear immigration guru,
I am littel confused about finger printing vs name check process.
i have done my finger printing (code 1) in august 2004 and finger printing (code 2) couple of weeks back. Am i going to get another notice for name check?? when do the name check process start? does every body has to go throught the name check process besides the finger printing.

Please enlighten me.

Thank you
sincerely
sc137

Your GC is on the way if you are in EB2

sc137 said:
Dear immigration guru,
I am littel confused about finger printing vs name check process.
i have done my finger printing (code 1) in august 2004 and finger printing (code 2) couple of weeks back. Am i going to get another notice for name check?? when do the name check process start? does every body has to go throught the name check process besides the finger printing.

Please enlighten me.

Thank you
sincerely
sc137

Code 1, FP is for to check your criminal records. It is valid for 15 months. code 2 (your photo & index finger) is for generating actual plastic card for you. If you have completed code 1 long time ago, and INS is asking you for code 2 means, INS is ready for approving your 485, provided if you are in EB2 or Eb1 catagory.

unfortunately i am in EB3 and my PD is March 2003. so i have to wait till PD become current.

Do i have to go through the name check process?? how do one know that one is stuck in name check process.

I had my 2nd FP (code 2) done on July 9th 2005. I still have no information about the status of my case. If what you say is accurate (code 2 means GC approval), when can I expect to get the official good news. Please advice,
Sanjay

name check

How do you know that your name check is completed. Does the LUD change or USCIS send email etc.

thanks

does every body has to go through name check process?? if so when does this process start?? how can one find if the name check process has successfully finish.

attorney and immigration gurus please englighten me.

thank you