Finger Prints not received

Hi all,
I did my FP on Sep/23 as it was scheduled and called FBI on Sep/28.
I gave my A# but then officer said they use SSN so I gave her mine.
She said my FP results was sent back to USCIS on the same day as Sep/23.
now, does it mean my name check is done or name check is something different than FP?

thanks

That means your name check is done. Look for the IL in your mail :)

Not so fast! :) Name checks ARE different from FP, and some people could take longer than others (notwithstanding a recent article that reported that the FBI was now processing faster/more efficiently)

Semi-conc'nt04 and I got similiar response except for PS182. This is quite frustrating when the process, which seems like, is not consistent.

Interesting point, if I were to design a test set to take finger prints, then I would make sure that the data is saved and not reply on a technician to save the data. I believe the last thing they do after taking your finger prints is put in their Id, press Enter, and hand you back your fingerprinting receipt, from what I remember. There was never an option to save data, it is done automatically.

GOD! I should be an Engineer, Genius! OOOOOOO wait, I am one.

:) Humor that makes the situation a little light . You are right and they should have them on file . Your post keeps me focused to see the light - somewhere there .
Keep me posted if things change .

That means your name check is done. Look for the IL in your mail :)

Hi Cheerus,
you were right, my online case status updated on Sep/30 to:This case has been sent for a standard interview.
I may receive the IL letter soon.
I am glad it's rolling.

cheers.

Hi Moshak:

when did you do your FP, can you please post your timelines. I completed my FP and the results were sent back the same day to USCIS.

My Online Status still shows... AN RFE...Blah...blah..

Thanks

This is the stage where they determine if your naughty or nice. LOL! :D:D:D

If your nice, they pat you on the back, kiss your forehead, and give you the citizenship.

If your naughty, well.... then.... if you have watched the "Grudge," yeah its that bad. Officer's will use you as a tooth pick after their lunch is over. :D:D

I have been told by numerious people, that this is the waiting part.

God! I get a kick out of this. Though I am joking, by God's grace I have gotten the priviledge to apply for Citizenship. So waiting a bit longer and letting the officers do their due diligence is okay with me. But that should not stop us from proactively pinging them about our status occassionally.

:) Humor that makes the situation a little light . You are right and they should have them on file . Your post keeps me focused to see the light - somewhere there .
Keep me posted if things change .

PS182, you should soon receive notification of transfer of yr case for interview. (I received mine, today - my FP was done the day after yours...)

Hi Moshak:

when did you do your FP, can you please post your timelines. I completed my FP and the results were sent back the same day to USCIS.

My Online Status still shows... AN RFE...Blah...blah..

Thanks

Sanjay,
here are my timelines

08/14/2009: N400 Fedexed to Phoenix, AZ
08/17/2009: Receipt Date
08/21/2009: Check Cleared
08/21/2009: Notice Date
08/24/2009: NOA received
08/31/2009: FP notice date
08/31/2009: FP notice received
09/23/2009: FP date(done as scheduled)
09/23/2009: FP report sent back to USCIS from FBI
09/30/2009: Status changed to standard interview online

for some people takes 2-3 weeks longer for FBI check, good luck.:)

The Infopass from today does not give me any additional information . The IO said that this was normal , the ASC might not have transmitted my FP . The Status on USCIS's database shows that the name check is pending - there was no information on the FP Status .
There is no RFE at this time , and I was asked to WAIT .

My Waiting game begins again .

I am in the same situation as you :) See my separate post http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=304188
Please do update us when you hear of any further movement in your application.
Cheers!

My follow up and constant pestering paid off ;
I received a mail from USCIS today that said that I had missed my FP appmnt. I called and received the same response . I got an Infopass and cleared it up with the DO . There was an unexplainable issue - and so I will have to get my FP done again .... I will be back in the rat race again .
Chaddibabu2001 : There is a bug in the system that needs a fix - Perhaps I can log in the issue and test the fix before we can migrate it to Prod . Could you set aside some time to get the new build and migrate to QA ?

Hi,

I am glad that your persistency have produced the result. I wonder whether you would have received the letter if you had not bugged USCIS. It was clear all along that USCIS dropped the ball.

I received a mail from USCIS today that said that I had missed my FP appmnt.

Looks like I might be getting a similar letter since I was in the same boat as you. Well at least now you know what is going on with your case :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My follow up and constant pestering paid off ;
I received a mail from USCIS today that said that I had missed my FP appmnt. I called and received the same response . I got an Infopass and cleared it up with the DO . There was an unexplainable issue - and so I will have to get my FP done again ....

ps182, what kind of constant pestering did you do? What date did you get the mail from USICS that said that you missed your FP? Since your schedule date for 09/26, I am guessing that they must not have send this mail until after 09/26. Also, did your online case status changed and indicated that your had missed your FP appointment?

I had my FP taken on 09/22, FBI has no record of receiving them from USICS, and USCIS says that they are waiting for the FP results to be send back. Seems like a deadlock situation to me :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got email from FBI (liaison@leo.gov) that my FP were processed and sent back on 10/03/2009. I had my FP taken on 09/22/2009. I guess I was not one of those whose FP are sent to the FBI on the same/next day the FP is taken, but anyways, this is better then them not getting the FP at all :)