Finger Prints not received

chaddibabu2001

Registered Users (C)
Everyone,

I went last week to get my finger prints done. I called the FBI today and they said they did not receive the finger prints. What should I do?

Everyone,

I went last week to get my finger prints done. I called the FBI today and they said they did not receive the finger prints. What should I do?

Last week had 5 business days. Which day did you do you FP? If it is friday
or even thursday, then wait for a few more days.

I believe you still had the FP notice with a stamp. You can take that back to ASC and inquiry or even re-do it if by the end of this week FBI still told you
they havve not received it.

Last week had 5 business days. Which day did you do you FP? If it is friday
or even thursday, then wait for a few more days.

I believe you still had the FP notice with a stamp. You can take that back to ASC and inquiry or even re-do it if by the end of this week FBI still told you
they havve not received it.

My finger prints were taken in the middle of the week, wednesday.

I called the USCIS and got transfered to the second level officer. They told me they received my finger prints, and I am on track to receiving a yellow letter very soon. So, I have no idea what the FBI officer was talking about. Can someone please clarify what happened? Should I do some more investigation?

I called the USCIS and got transfered to the second level officer. They told me they received my finger prints, and I am on track to receiving a yellow letter very soon. So, I have no idea what the FBI officer was talking about. Can someone please clarify what happened? Should I do some more investigation?

You want to investigate working of FBI. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Not a good idea to do that.:D:D

Since USCIS have got your FP results, just relax.

You want to investigate working of FBI. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Not a good idea to do that.:D:D

Since USCIS have got your FP results, just relax.

Maybe I should go work for the FBI. This way we wont have a process mismatch. I should leave it alone. Good suggestion!

Once you work for the FBI, you will be saying why you did not work for the state department as they are processing your passport and you do not know what's taking so long. Then you might need to work for your native country's embassy so as to get the visa status quickly. Then in the social security office as they did not send the updated card. It is never ending.

I have had my wife's A-file lost and rebuilt over a 3 year period (long time back), so I can relate from experience, but I think we should get anxious only if the paperwork takes 2-3 weeks more than usual. A week here and there can happen for various reasons.

You should also assume that all your interactions with FBI or USCIS will be logged and available to the IO.

I'm in the same situation .
I had my FP done as a walk in and checked - My FP was not received as of today .
I also went to the ASC on my scheduled day and spoke with the IO who said " Start counting the time line from your scheduled date " .

The FBI said that they use SSN & Name to check the records .

This is Odd - and hopefully , I should have an answer from my Infopass tomorrow .

This sucks .

and I was told by the FBI to work with USCIS to resolve the issue . They receive the prints electronically ( Within minutes ) one they are processed .
I work with Data for a living and this only leads me to believe that the prints were not saved after they were taken , or were rejected at the ASC for bad quality ...

I will find out more .

and I was told by the FBI to work with USCIS to resolve the issue . They receive the prints electronically ( Within minutes ) one they are processed .
I work with Data for a living and this only leads me to believe that the prints were not saved after they were taken , or were rejected at the ASC for bad quality ...

I will find out more .

Ps182,
When I called the USCIS and talked to the officer, she told me that they received the finger prints and im on schedule to receiving a yellow letter. Please let us know what you find out from your infopass. Thanks

Hi,

Even i called the USCIS today and when i got transferred to a second Level IO, she told me that the next thing i should get is a document checklist or something after which i should be scheduled for an interview. She said it can take upto two - three weeks for that to happen.

So i guess we should now wait for that documents checklist.

Mine was scheduled to Happen on 9/22, but i went in on 9/18 and finished my FP. That same day when i called FBI , they said they had processed the results and sent it back to USCIS

Relax! You're good. I too faced a similar problem - maybe, worse. I was informed that the process of 'confirming' FP result could take "upto 4 weeks", and that my prints were not received in any case, and that I should check with the "courier agency". I was very frustrated by the senseless reply to my enquiry. So, I wrote again - from another e-mail address, and I received the info. (that the FP results were sent to USCIS, the following day)

The Infopass from today does not give me any additional information . The IO said that this was normal , the ASC might not have transmitted my FP . The Status on USCIS's database shows that the name check is pending - there was no information on the FP Status .
There is no RFE at this time , and I was asked to WAIT .

My Waiting game begins again .

It could be possible that, the USCIS is waiting to transmit the finger prints to the FBI. I have already called the USCIS once, I will wait till the end of next week to see what happens. This is quite frustrating!

Relax! You're good. I too faced a similar problem - maybe, worse. I was informed that the process of 'confirming' FP result could take "upto 4 weeks", and that my prints were not received in any case, and that I should check with the "courier agency". I was very frustrated by the senseless reply to my enquiry. So, I wrote again - from another e-mail address, and I received the info. (that the FP results were sent to USCIS, the following day)

Semi-conc'nt04 and I got similiar response except for PS182. This is quite frustrating when the process, which seems like, is not consistent.

Interesting point, if I were to design a test set to take finger prints, then I would make sure that the data is saved and not reply on a technician to save the data. I believe the last thing they do after taking your finger prints is put in their Id, press Enter, and hand you back your fingerprinting receipt, from what I remember. There was never an option to save data, it is done automatically.

GOD! I should be an Engineer, Genius! OOOOOOO wait, I am one.