Finger printing at a different location

cooldude2k4

Registered Users (C)
I've received FP notices and recently moved to a new city in the same state. Is it possible for me to take the notice to a center in this new city on the scheduled date. Or is it mandatory to go to the original center as per the notice. Please help!!!

thanks.

You can take your Finger Printing notice to your local ASC in the state where you currently reside and get your finger printing done.

To find an Application Support Center near your place check the link below:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ascs/asc.htm

I recently recieved a FP notice to get my Finger Printing done in Oakland, California on Feb 2, 2005.

Using the same notice I was able to get my FP done in Charlotte, North Carolina.

You can also try going to your local ASC before the scheduled date. Most ASCs are open on Saturday.

Bademiyan, Did you call the Charlotte ASC for any appointment or just walked in? What was their attitude before and during your visit ?

No luck in Charlotee

I received my FP notice on March 1st wcheduled at Newark, NJ on March 29. I am right now living in Charlotte, so, thought of going to Charlotte ASC office and give the early FP for me and my wife.

We went to Chalrotte ASC office this morning at 7.30. At 8 am the officer came to us and requested to show the appointment letter. I showed him the photo copy of the FP notice and told him that we are scheduled at Newark, NJ on March29. He said 'thats fine' we can give our FP here in charlotte but requested to come on March29. He did not allowus to give FP today because of big lane.

Thanks.

It is fine. It is great to know that FP can be done at a local ASC instead of scheduled ASC. Think of saving hundreds of bucks and time by avoiding the travel. Best of luck for your Charlotte ASC appointment.

Completed Early FP in Houston

I have completed my early FP on 03/01/2005 in Houston,TX,my scheduled FP date is on 04/06/2005.

I did early FP ,since i have travel plans .i went early to the ASC ,where i was asked to go in the FP notice,they did'nt let me to do FP,since it was overbooked and the lady at the ASC asked me to check out to the other ASC in Houtson,since they are not that crowded, i tried and it worked,no question asked at the ASC,since the staff at the ASC were waiting for folks to come in and to give FP( to be honest,i guess they will take FP for the people ,even if they don't have FP notice and even if they did'nt filed for AOS ,jus kidding it appeared as if they are so desperate to take FP on someone) ,it took just 10 mins for me complete the entire procedure.

They took me FP on all my 10 fingers ,right index finger,digital phtograph and digital signature

Labor : VSC/EB3/Ind/PD:08/06/2003/ AD: 11/12/2003
I-140 : ND:12/15/2003 AD : 09/15/2004
I-485/EAD/AP: ND :09/24/2004
EAD/AP : AD: 12/01/2004
FP : 03/01/2005(Schedueled : 04/06/2005)
I-484 LUD : 03/01/2005,03/02/2005
I-485 AD:??

shamu900,

i have my scheduled FP date in april too, want to go to do FP too. Which ASC you had been to give the FP in houston ? Ill try my luck over there. Could you please give me the address and time you had been there? What documents/verification they ask while doing FP ? I was thinking of going on coming saturday morning.

shamu900 said:
I have completed my early FP on 03/01/2005 in Houston,TX,my scheduled FP date is on 04/06/2005.

I did early FP ,since i have travel plans .i went early to the ASC ,where i was asked to go in the FP notice,they did'nt let me to do FP,since it was overbooked and the lady at the ASC asked me to check out to the other ASC in Houtson,since they are not that crowded, i tried and it worked,no question asked at the ASC,since the staff at the ASC were waiting for folks to come in and to give FP( to be honest,i guess they will take FP for the people ,even if they don't have FP notice and even if they did'nt filed for AOS ,jus kidding it appeared as if they are so desperate to take FP on someone) ,it took just 10 mins for me complete the entire procedure.

They took me FP on all my 10 fingers ,right index finger,digital phtograph and digital signature

Labor : VSC/EB3/Ind/PD:08/06/2003/ AD: 11/12/2003
I-140 : ND:12/15/2003 AD : 09/15/2004
I-485/EAD/AP: ND :09/24/2004
EAD/AP : AD: 12/01/2004
FP : 03/01/2005(Schedueled : 04/06/2005)
I-484 LUD : 03/01/2005,03/02/2005
I-485 AD:??

Hi GC4ever,

I had been to ASC in 290 @ 34th st.the folks over there are really friendly.
you just need to carry your FP notice and PP for id purpose.i went early morning around 8 am,hardly people over there then.

Thanks for the information. Did you go on a week-day or weekend? Did they ask you any reason for Early FP?

shamu900 said:
Hi GC4ever,

I had been to ASC in 290 @ 34th st.the folks over there are really friendly.
you just need to carry your FP notice and PP for id purpose.i went early morning around 8 am,hardly people over there then.

Anyone done early FP at Providence, RI

My and my wife's FPs are sheduled at NJ office and I am planning to do early at Providence center. Anyone has done at Providence early FP with originally scheduled at different location. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.
Thnx

I completed my early FP on 03/05/2005 in Houston,TX (290/34th street) my scheduled FP date is on 04/05/2005.

No questions asked, reached there around 8, was out by 8.20 AM. Didnt even ask for passport, just Driver's License and FP (Code 3) Notice thats it.

arunkr said:
Bademiyan, Did you call the Charlotte ASC for any appointment or just walked in? What was their attitude before and during your visit ?

No we did not call in advance, we just did a walk in.

Our personal experience was very good, they were very polite and courteous.

I did my FP on Feb 09 2005 (a week late than the scheduled date of Feb 02 2005)

The officer at the counter looked at the notice and said you are late already.

Friend of mine who accompnied me did his FP on Feb 09 2005 as well (a month before his scheduled date of Mar 08 2005)

We reached there at 8:30 a.m. Our turn came at 9:30 a.m. and we were out by 9:45.

I think all local ASCs should accept you before the scheduled date, unless of-course the guy sitting at the counter is having a bad day or if they are overcrowded on the day you walk in.

My personal thought is if you live in the vicinity you should try doing a walk in on a week day as most people like us would go on a saturday, and so it can be overcrowded on a Saturday.

We went on a Wednesday, we had a little bit of wait but there was no line as one of the other posts said. For us the Charlotte ASC was a good 200 miles away, going there on a week day was a little bit of effort, but well worth the trouble.

-Bade

any one from hartford ASC

i got fp notice with an appointment scheduled for apr7th in oakland, CA. but i want to go to hartford ASC for early fp as we live in connecticut. is any one there who did their fp at hartford ASC. if so please share ur experience with us.

thanks in advance,
gcwait2005

I want to get FP done at different location.

Q - What will happen to my original appointment?
Q - Will it be cancelled or abandoned ?
Q - Do you think your application was delayed becasue of this ?
Q - Once FP is done, I am thinking about doing address change? Will that delay EAD, AP and 485 approval ?

On notice its mentioned if I do not show up on appt date then application will be abandoned.

Please advice.
Thanks