"finger print review"

cameelio

Hi everyone!! I'm new to this site, my cousin referred me to it and he said that i can get a lot of information from it.

Here's my story, i got married to my boyfriend in May of 2005, and our relationship is 1000% true and genuine. We applied on july for my adjustment of status and work permit. Got approved for the work permit on september and had our interview yesterday. Needless to say we were approved!! :D The interview took about 30mins. And according to the lady that we met in the elevator who works there, the guy that interviewed us is the "mean guy". He's the one they supposedly send to investigate fraud marriages. We thought he was a little uptight/mean by my husband said that its his job to be that way. Anyways he just asked us basic questions like "when and where did we meet" "how long have we been together" "where do we live" and nothing personal really. He spent most of his time reviewing the supporting evidence we brought. I think that the mini scrapbook i made showing our relationship, complete with ticket stubs of concerts and theme parks, pictures, and cards, really helped. Because we didnt have that many things under our name cuz were young. I'm only 22 and he's 21. We brought evidence of our savings and checking account, documents showing that i'm his dependent in his dental/vision plan, his beneficiary to his life insurance, and bills showing he lives with me. Well he stamped my passport and he advised us to gather more stuff in our name together for the next two years.

Here's my question. Later the same day i got an email from uscis stating this: "On August 3, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

What does that mean? Is my conditional gc still valid while my fingerprint is still in review?? If it was received in august how come i just got the notice yesterday?? How long does the fingerprinting review take place and what kind of stuff and they "reviewing" and looking for.

Thanks for anyone reading this, and any comment will be greatly appreciated. :eek:

Congrats on your interview and Greencard

No you dont have to worry about anything..everything is fine. As for the email it is just an administrative delay by the INS dont give it any thought. If INS had not gotten your finger print review clerance then the officer would have told you that he cannot approve the greencard as he is waiting finger print review.

So relax and have fun....

thanks you so much for the response. It has certainly alleviated my anxiety. I guess i do need to relax and enjoy. :D

this whole forum thing is quite addicting. Its very interesting to see other people's experiences and knowing that i'm not the only one out there. i can certainly say that i'll be cruising the forums and putting in my "two cents" once in a while. Thanks!