find if old employers VISA is not revoked. How to?

k9765

Registered Users (C)
find if old employers has revoked your VISA. How to?

Hello all,

I have got new visa from my employer in Jan. My old visa is (or was) vaild till Oct'2003 [i am not sure if my previous employer has revoked it...].

I want to make sure/confirm the validity of my old VISA (stamped on my passport, and has expiry date as Oct'03). Plz. inform how can i find out that? without asking my previous employer, i.e. (which is not possible. :) ).

(coz if it is not vaild (i.e. has been revoked by old employer), then i think i can go for stamping in US itself, before going for a trip home.) &/Otherwise (if it is valid then, i think i can travel to India and come back on it an dthen apply for stamping in US under the 60 day rule.)

All replies, suggestions, advice and insights are appreciated. Experts and konwledgable ppl, plz. show the light and help releave thi stension in my head.

So, again, in summary, is there any way by which i can confirm the validty of my old employers' VISA?

Thank you,

always gratefull
K

k9765@rediffmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are in the US now, why can't you get the stamping done here before you make your trip home?
You can ask the attorney who filed your new visa about this matter and he/she might be able to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
60 day rule

under 60 day rule: one can not opt for St.louis stamping as long as VISA is valid for more than 60 days. mine is going into Oct'03. hence.

Re: find if old employers has revoked your VISA. How to?

Originally posted by k9765
Hello all,

I have got new visa from my employer in Jan. My old visa is (or was) vaild till Oct'2003 [i am not sure if my previous employer has revoked it...].

I want to make sure/confirm the validity of my old VISA (stamped on my passport, and has expiry date as Oct'03). Plz. inform how can i find out that? without asking my previous employer, i.e. (which is not possible. :) ).

(coz if it is not vaild (i.e. has been revoked by old employer), then i think i can go for stamping in US itself, before going for a trip home.) &/Otherwise (if it is valid then, i think i can travel to India and come back on it an dthen apply for stamping in US under the 60 day rule.)

All replies, suggestions, advice and insights are appreciated. Experts and konwledgable ppl, plz. show the light and help releave thi stension in my head.

So, again, in summary, is there any way by which i can confirm the validty of my old employers' VISA?

Thank you,

always gratefull
K

k9765@rediffmail.com

The employer can revoke only the underlying H1 petition, not the visa itself. Only a consular officer or immigration officer can cancel/revoke a visa stamp. If you currently hold a valid H1 status you are ok for travel until Oct 2003.