Financing Education

rudo

Registered Users (C)
I am seriously considering NURSING SCHOOL.Does anyone know how one can find sponsorship?Does the government sponsor new asylees,those currently in school or recent graduate how are you doing it or/ did you do it.I would appreciate very much any advice

Originally posted by rudo
I am seriously considering NURSING SCHOOL.Does anyone know how one can find sponsorship?Does the government sponsor new asylees,those currently in school or recent graduate how are you doing it or/ did you do it.I would appreciate very much any advice
if you were granted asylum you could get the exact same benefits of permenant residents. That is, you get direct and Perkins loans, state grants and even government grants (Pell grants) provided that you donot have a huge income. If your asylum case is pending, you get nothing- not even unsubsidized loans. Contact the financial aid office in the school you intend to attend and see if this school is elligible for Federal Financial aid. Some schools are not enrolled with the government and thus its students can not apply for financial aid. After you meet with your financial aid officer, make sure you fill the FAFSA application. You can also fill it online but you have to be approved in a school first. Good luck

FAFSA in line: http://www.governmentguide.com/offi...S.*&url=http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/&CID=16101830

As Shamson says, it is relatively easy. You are basically considered an American for financial aid purposes.

Rudo,
My daughter was accepted to UCLA this year. We were granted asylum but didn’t get a GC yet. She received all benefits :grants, scholarships, etc. So don’t worry, you are eligible for all this stuff.
Good luck, Irina

Yes, I have not received anything yet. We received FP notice a wile ago but I was so excited that I opened a first envelope which was for my husband. I remember I even posted a message about it. Next day I checked the rest… they all were for my husband. So, I called them and asked where is the rest family. The answer was they will send it soon….I am still waiting. My husband has his FP done a month ago but I am a principal applicant , so I don’t think they will make decision on his case before me. I called to national customer service several times and send me a letter with explaining how many pending cases they have and a time frame for processing, nothing new. According to this letter they should processed our case by now. My RD Sept.25 1998. What else can I do? I already gave up. I don’t think I will ever get it.
Thanks for asking, I didn’t want to post anything about it to upset people here.
Irina