Financial Info - Candidate

GC_GoneCase

Sorry to hear about your case. When I140 is not there I485 cannot exist. I assume you will hear from USCIS soon whether it is NOID or direct denial.

If your another I140 is approved you could ask for attaching to this I485. Considering your situation you are in better position at CSC...who knows you may get a concurrent early approval!!!

Status updated on 485

Here is new development on my 485. I got 2 emails form USCIS concerning my 485. If you would recall, on 140, the status was changed on 10/15 acknowledging the withdrawl of 140. LUD for 485 changed on 10/15, 10/18 and now again on 10/20 (Although the status change refers to 10/18).

current status:

On October 18, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from
USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National
Customer Service Center.

Now what the hell is this message about?

Thanks unitednations,

I did not change my address in last 1 year. I tried to check status on 485 about 2 weeks back but no query was made. The query was made on 140.

unitednations said:
If you made a case status inquiry or an address change that is the message you will receive.

looks like they've made a decision on your I485. However, it does not look like an approval. I hope uscis mailed the decision to you instead of your previous sucky lawyer. please update when you receive the letter. best luck.

News on my case - FP notice received

Hi All-

Here is the latest update on my case.

Today we received FP notice for Nov 12, 2004. The date of issue of FP notice is Oct 21.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO LUD CHANGE ON MY CASE AFTER OCT 20, 2004, SPOUSE OCT 18, 2004 AND CHILD OCT 21, 2003 (LAST YEAR).

The notice came in as surprise. When we got 3 letters from USCIS today, we thought them to be denials based on 140 withdrawl acknowledgement about 10 days back. The FP notice had been issued after a week of last status change on 140 and 4 LUD changes on 485 in last 10 days.

Now the case is getting interesting. I am still keeping my fingers crossed. At the same time, I do feel that it looks like a positive development, atleast at this point of time.

Any comments on what should I take from this latest development, or it may be a mistaken FP notice????

i think the FP decision may be made before 10 days ago when the withdraw was received. You can try to do early finger printing. wait and see. no other ways.

Actually the withdrawl was received by USCIS in March 2004, almost 7 months back.

I queried on FP about 2 weeks back. My update on 485 on 10/20 with message "****responded to your request****" and the FP notice on 10/21 may be linked. Not sure, just a guess.

whorl1quote said:
i think the FP decision may be made before 10 days ago when the withdraw was received. You can try to do early finger printing. wait and see. no other ways.

I485 status updated

I got 2 emails for myself and 2 for my spouse on our 485 cases. This is first time status on I 485 has changed for my spouse.

The status update is on the FP notice as below -

"On October 30, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done"

There is no update on my kid's case.

I have already received the FP notice, which was sent by USCIS on 10/21 for FP on 11/12/2004.

It is now more than 15 days when USCIS has acknowledged withdrawl of 140 ( That was 10/15/2004). There was LUd change on 485 for self and spouse on 10/15, 10/17 and 10/18, no status change, no change on kid's 485 either.

After that on 10/20, case status was changed for address on my case only and again changed today on 11/1 for FP for self and spouse. Kid's status is still same as of last year 2003.

In the meantime, I have got FP notice for CA case also, which is scheduled later this week and I would be going for that this Friday.

Any suggestions on should I take both FP notices and give them to USCIS or carry only one with me and then appear for second FP next week.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi GC_Gone_Case,

I am sorry, I did not come to this board for looooong time. USCIS did a mess in my case and my company law firm is working on that. First I thought that I will find a substitute labor (I got almost three sponsors) and file I-140/I-485 again just as a back up. But finally I decided not to do that because

1. My Company law firm told me that this is a mess created by USCIS and no need to go for another I-140/I-485.

2. Why should I suffer for somebody's mistake. I am going to fight it all the way. I don't have anything to loose.

Back to your case, looks like it is so far going well. Leave the I-140 withdrawal. We don't have to worry about that. If I-140 withdrawal is a serious issue, then why USCIS did not deny your I-485 petition???? After you crossed 180 days, you got the portability. Go for your FP and let us know what is going on your First case.

whorl1quote,
Hope you got the update in my case.

naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
naanshi,

First of all, It's nice to hear from you again.
My case is exactly like yours. I'm thinking of sending AC21 on my pending 140(which will be denied on finances) in next few months. Please advice and share your experience.
Basicly your input is deciding factor for my case.
I appreciate your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lohith,

It is still unclear that whether you can use AC21 before I-140 approval or not. The mess in my case now is not because of using AC21 before I-140 approval.

From the beginning, my opinion is that if you have choice then wait for I-140 approval to change the employer after 180 days. But when you don't have choice like GC_Gone_case, me or Aws, then take your chance. There is nothing wrong and when the AC21 law (not the memos) is not clear, one can very well take advantage.

So my answer to your question is Yes, when you don't have choice, try AC21. That may save you.

Unitednations,

I informed earlier that our law firm is "working" on my case and currently I don't want to reveal any thing.

naanshi.